Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mumblemumble

The footballing fans of this forum will agree with my views on Keogh.

The non footballing fans are the ones who worship Keogh, slate Martin and think Darren Bent is the answer to all of life's problems. Clueless.

4 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

The non footballing fans are the ones who worship Keogh, slate Martin and think Darren Bent is the answer to all of life's problems. Clueless.

I like Keogh, Martin but not Bent and I don't agree with your view at all. So what category would that place me in?

18 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

I like turtles

Sith Happens
47 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Or..they have a different opinion to you, doesnt make them clueless. I like Keogh, i dont worship him but i think hes been our best player this year. I like Martin too, why cant you like both? I think Bent still has a lot to offer as a footballer, he just doesnt fit in with our way of play.

7 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

I should imagine that some footballing fans will agree with you, some footballing fans will disagree with you and some will think that you are just a bit of a dickwad.

Im not the greatest fan of Keogh... having said that he had a super game today.

but then it was bolton... hes an ever present... hes great at bringing the ball out of defence... i just worry about his concentration when away from home against a team who is taking the game to us.

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Im not the greatest fan of Keogh... having said that he had a super game today.

but then it was bolton... hes an ever present... hes great at bringing the ball out of defence... i just worry about his concentration when away from home against a team who is taking the game to us.

Like, say, the World Champions, Germany, who were unable to penetrate the Irish defence?  Despite having Keogh in there?

I think when our backs are against the wall, he's one that you can rely on to step up to the plate...

Watch games in this division and you'll see defenders making mistakes every game. Keogh makes one now and then and he gets DCFC mob on him. Our fans are hilariously **** sometimes. People around me shouting at the players for not picking the perfect pass when we were 4-1 up, bunch of muppets in our support.

If we put Keogh up for sale the best teams in this division would want him, simple as that.

mumblemumble
9 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Funny that someone who 'always' has a mistake in him didn't make a mistake yesterday? Does yesterday not count as always? I'm very confused.

Did he not give away the penalty? 

1 minute ago, mumblemumble said:

Did he not give away the penalty? 

Thought that was Thorne, though the contact was so innocuous that it could have been any of our players who were crowded around the Bolton player. 

I have said before that Keogh has an awkward first touch. This makes him slightly vulnerable when the ball goes to his feet in the penalty area and he tries to sort his feet out. When he has the ball he passes it well and his interceptions are classy.

If he had everything, including more power, he would be playing for a Premiership side. 

I think Shackell is more awkward in possession and less of a battler than Keogh when the going gets tough.

If you could combine Shackell's physique with Keogh's tenacity, you'd have a great player.

I've not seen enough games this season so I'll have to acknowledge the views that he's been our player of the year - however what frustrates me is the times I have seen us play (normally on the telly) I see keogh make bad decisions when under pressure. If he's closed down in possession he can sometimes panic or lose composure, and he'll try to play it out or play a ball that's not on and we end up in trouble. 

Shackle may lose possession more but I don't see the same panic when closed down. That's the difference in my opinion. 

Archived