Brighton away

Tamworthram

35 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Latest recommendation is to arrive at Lewes or Brighton stations an hour before KO minimum to get to the game on KO. 

1400 fans arrived late (800, 40 minutes late) v Fulham. Management during an industrial dispute.

I would be surprised if 1400 seats are sold for a TV match which is not going to make much difference to Derby. 

I guess you're right. For me though, I always try to get to the last away game of the season. I know we'll have an away game in the play-offs but I'm unlikely to be able to make that one. If we get to Wembley I'll be there but, that's a bonus. Bank holiday by the seaside, I thought we'd all be eating a bag of chips, fending off the seagulls, on the seafront before the game. Knotted hanky and rolled up trousers already prepared. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought 2 tickets for this game - plenty left. My wife and I are going down for a 'dirty weekend', plenty of 'pop', fish & chips and a swim in the sea.

Do they still have a nudist beach at Brighton?

As for the game, let's have a party. The Rams can play as if they don't care, but Brighton will be going all out to win as they will probably need the points for an automatic place.

However, although we have a guaranteed play-off place, it is mathematically possible for Derby to gain an automatic place if we win our remaining 3 games and Brighton & Burnley both lose all of their three games - stranger things have happened, I think?

25 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Just bought 2 tickets for this game - plenty left. My wife and I are going down for a 'dirty weekend', plenty of 'pop', fish & chips and a swim in the sea.

Do they still have a nudist beach at Brighton?

As for the game, let's have a party. The Rams can play as if they don't care, but Brighton will be going all out to win as they will probably need the points for an automatic place.

However, although we have a guaranteed play-off place, it is mathematically possible for Derby to gain an automatic place if we win our remaining 3 games and Brighton & Burnley both lose all of their three games - stranger things have happened, I think?

Not so sure about that. Winning in lottery might be easier.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess you're right. For me though, I always try to get to the last away game of the season. I know we'll have an away game in the play-offs but I'm unlikely to be able to make that one. If we get to Wembley I'll be there but, that's a bonus. Bank holiday by the seaside, I thought we'd all be eating a bag of chips, fending off the seagulls, on the seafront before the game. Knotted hanky and rolled up trousers already prepared. 

Only one trouser leg rolled up if you're in the Freemasons, of course.

Join the train queues at Brighton station for an authentic old style fans (will I get to see the game?) experience!

Ticket Exchange is in operation for the home fans. This happens when there is a Sell Out and fans that cannot go can sell tickets to people wanting a seat. 

Hi and congrats on a top 5 finish. 

Couple of questions us Seagulls would like to know the answers to.

Can we expect a full strength and fully committed Derby team and performance next Monday or might you be saving yourselves for the play offs? I realise this may depend on how important you see the away leg first, but as Hull play two games before we play, it's possible 4th may be just out of reach. 

Do you know if your club took a 2000 ticket allocation or did you stick with the 1485? I ask as its now a home sellout with plenty more demand. If you stuck with the initial allocation then this should mean another 650 for us home fans. 

How do you see the game going? Until yesterday I thought this was a must win for us but results yesterday means we will still have it all to play for on the final day if it's a draw. 

Just shout if you have any questions about visiting the Amex. Train best way. Queues are not usually too bad although we all had a bad experience last week as there was a shortage of train drivers. 

If coming by train just buy a ticket as far as Haywards Heath as your match ticket will cover you from there.  

Also consider routing via Lewis. Lots of good pubs and still one stop on train to Falmer. 

If the suns out then town will be mobbed for the weekend and hotels will be pricy 

Enjoy your visit

Hi @BhaVisitor. I'm not sure with regards to the allocation, however in terms of our line-up I think we'll play as strong as we have. We rested players before Boro away at the turn of the year and produced a very limp performance. We were top of the league and resting players very much killed our momentum. I'm a big believer in playing your strongest line-up whenever possible, whether it's Manchester United or Southport.

I think we'll want to carry on momentum here too. We've been playing very well and confidence is high. We're 5 unbeaten (4W 1D), although most feel that we probably deserved to win yesterday too. I can see the game being very competitive. I think Brighton will perhaps be more cautious than us, which is completely understandable. We're almost certainly in the 4th v 5th tie now, so what we're playing for is the psychological advantage. You could see it yesterday a bit if you watched our game. There were a lot of yellow cards, a lot of tackles, a lot of players leaving a foot in. I'm not saying we'll come to injure your best players, but if we do end up playing you on the 28th May, we would want your players thinking "oh ****, it's him again..."

I'd be quite happy with a point to be honest. Whether you get a point or three isn't really much difference for you. If Boro win, you'll have to beat them regardless. If we beat you and Boro win, it could be a tall order for you because you'd not only need to win but you'd need to turn over a 4 goal difference at the very minimum. Because of this I think you'll be quite happy with a point and look the counter us, whereas we'll just be looking to continue playing well and keep that confidence building higher and higher.

2 hours ago, BhaVisitor said:

Can we expect a full strength and fully committed Derby team and performance next Monday or might you be saving yourselves for the play offs? I realise this may depend on how important you see the away leg first, but as Hull play two games before we play, it's possible 4th may be just out of reach. 

Do you know if your club took a 2000 ticket allocation or did you stick with the 1485? I ask as its now a home sellout with plenty more demand. If you stuck with the initial allocation then this should mean another 650 for us home fans. 

How do you see the game going? Until yesterday I thought this was a must win for us but results yesterday means we will still have it all to play for on the final day if it's a draw. 

Just shout if you have any questions about visiting the Amex. Train best way. Queues are not usually too bad although we all had a bad experience last week as there was a shortage of train drivers. 

If coming by train just buy a ticket as far as Haywards Heath as your match ticket will cover you from there.  

Also consider routing via Lewis. Lots of good pubs and still one stop on train to Falmer. 

If the suns out then town will be mobbed for the weekend and hotels will be pricy 

Enjoy your visit

Hello.

If we can only finish 5th then Wassall may give some fringe players a run out to get them match fit. Although I doubt he'd want to lose the game either because he maintains he wants to go into the play offs on a good run.

So my answer to you question is I haven't got a clue.

38 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Has anyone ever parked up at stanmer country park near the ground. I think that's our plan on the day and was wondering if poss. Cheers

Pretty sure there are match day restrictions there now. 

If driving there is parking at the bridge car park which I think is £15, maybe less if booked in advance. But if I was driving from the north I would either use the free Mill Road park and ride or park up in Lewes and jump of the triain which is just 7 mins to Falmer and included in your ticket. 

1 hour ago, BhaVisitor said:

Pretty sure there are match day restrictions there now. 

If driving there is parking at the bridge car park which I think is £15, maybe less if booked in advance. But if I was driving from the north I would either use the free Mill Road park and ride or park up in Lewes and jump of the triain which is just 7 mins to Falmer and included in your ticket. 

15 quid? Bloody southerners. Nice one for that visitor, will prob take the Lewis option. Good man.

2 hours ago, BhaVisitor said:

Brighton fan in peace.

Sorry but you won't be able to park in Stanmer Park; there will be stewards at the entrance.

There are 3 free park and ride sites;

Mithras House, Brighton University

Mill Road, just near the junction of the A27 and the A23

Brighton Racecourse.

Mill Road will be most convenient if you're not heading into town, but it fills up pretty quickly.

The alternative to the free P&R is to park in the railway station car park in Lewes, where there are loads of great pubs. It's only 1 stop from Falmer. You'll have to pay for the parking, but the train will be free.

The downside of all of these options........queuing after the game, so stay behind in any of the concourses for a drink!

13 hours ago, Dorset Seagull said:

Brighton fan in peace.

Sorry but you won't be able to park in Stanmer Park; there will be stewards at the entrance.

There are 3 free park and ride sites;

Mithras House, Brighton University

Mill Road, just near the junction of the A27 and the A23

Brighton Racecourse.

Mill Road will be most convenient if you're not heading into town, but it fills up pretty quickly.

The alternative to the free P&R is to park in the railway station car park in Lewes, where there are loads of great pubs. It's only 1 stop from Falmer. You'll have to pay for the parking, but the train will be free.

The downside of all of these options........queuing after the game, so stay behind in any of the concourses for a drink!

My seagull mate tells me that you try to have a beer in the away bar thats from the locality of the away fans, which I think is a great touch. Suspect it'll be Marstons pedigree for the Rams.

Won't work for Eddie who doesn't touch anything that doesn't come from la Belgique! And indeed for the rest of us exiles, but it's still a great effort.

I usually go to this fixture - just sweating on whether Hants' mate has secured the tickets. I can also concur that the Lewes method works best for us. Can't get to the falmer train station for the first train as the away end is right around the far (south) side unless you are practiced in the Derby Way of leaving after 80 minutes.

Mind - if you're giving us a good tonking that might be an option;)

On 07/04/2016 at 15:32, boro.mfc said:

Like i said i have a soft spot for Derby and Brighton so i would be cheering both on against burnley or sheff wed and hull. So in a perfect scenario 2 up in autos and 1 in promotion would be ideal to me.

Unfortunately, given our woeful record against both of you, our interests are best served by you guys and Burnleh getting autos.

Mind, Brighton are flying at the moment and if we faced them we might get a hiding!

Hopefully see you boys next season (in the prem)

18 hours ago, BhaVisitor said:

Enjoy your visit

I think we'll be near enough full strength and committed. There are a few reasons for this to my mind.

- we're trying to build match fitness for key players like Hughes and Bryson who are only recently back from long term injuries.

- we're trying to build the all important momentum for the playoffs. We're now unbeaten in 5 having played awfully at Cardiff. Our season has been very stop start and in part this was down to Clement tinkering with a winning side.

- We still have some first teamers out like Johnson, Hendrick and Thorne who will be busting a gut (we assume) to try and get in on the playoff action.

- we'll be trying to put down a marker just in case we meet again in the playoffs at any point.

Should be a good game. Watched the highlights of your match against Charlton and you look good going forward. Brighton must be up there as the surprise package this season and I'd much rather see you pip Dyches collection of bruisers and alice-band wearing jessies:lol:

I see Burnley and Boro going up in the auto's.

Brighton do remind me of us back in 14, underestimated all season and entering  the plays offs scoring for fun.

Lets see how we get on at the weekend it will gives us a idea whether we are capable of beating them at Wembley.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I assume there are. They normally post on Twitter when either tickets are all sold out or a further allocation has been requested/received. Not seen anything yet. 

I think some tickets (400) have been returned out of the allocation of 1484. 

Archived