Jon Mitchell loan to Luton

FrostedRam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Clean sheet in a 1-0 win at Orient. Apparently had a good game

Was involved in a collision that injured an Orient player and resulted in him being taken off. According to twitter their fans then booed Mitchell for the rest of the game. Entertaining debut for the lad then. :whistle:

Listen the interview with their Manager post match, first delighted to get him in, credits Wassall for the deal, then  about 2 mins 30 sec in says Mitchell had "one hell of a league debut"..."outstanding". 

Does contradict the praise by saying he's not had a save to make :lol:

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/watch-jones-hails-outstanding-victory-2991272.aspx

Mitchell on loan at Luton, Roos on loan at AFC Wimbledon, Grant with a predilection for punching the ball into his own goal and Carson with a dodgy back. Wonder what will happen if one of that latter pair gets injured. Does Mats Morch step up for a crucial promotion battle?

I guess that after the first month we're allowed a recall clause?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Mitchell on loan at Luton, Roos on loan at AFC Wimbledon, Grant with a predilection for punching the ball into his own goal and Carson with a dodgy back. Wonder what will happen if one of that latter pair gets injured. Does Mats Morch step up for a crucial promotion battle?

Does Mats morch still play for us or even still play football.????? He seems to have been injured forever 

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:16, Carl Sagan said:

having watched Morch play ...... Absolutely no effin chance.

• 2 weeks later...

My Nephew hails from Luton and is a season ticket holder. He told me that Mitchell was outstanding 

not the best a commanding his area but that is to be expected for a debutant who is young for the position. His distribution was the quickest and surest he has ever seen and he caught crosses cleanly. They are chuffed to bits

Nephew works at sky sports and is exposed to a lot of footy at all levels so I kind of trust his eye. Am also proud to say that his first live game aged about 5 was at DCFC so he is one ours more or less. 

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Three games, three cleans sheets and some "inspired" saves in his last game.

Things are looking good for the lad.

Three games two clean sheets actually - they lost 0-1 to Crawley  - but he still seems to be doing well. A very good prospect. 

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Surely has to be back-up if not direct competition for carson next season? This is the kind of young talent that we need to be bringing through in the future

Not sure he'll be in the direct competition bracket, possibly though. This is League 2 he's playing in. Good signs though, he'll probably go out on loan to league 1/champ for a portion of next season to further analyse his progress.

Archived