Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was up from 4:30pm Friday until 9pm Saturday night.

Saw we were getting grief for having breakfast so thought I'd leave the report and sleep

Come on today, seen the meltdown and the fact people are stick kicking up a fuss over things that were first made clear last June.

I'm thinking the forum needs a mental heath professional rather than a chat about breakfast. 

cuckoo

Tbf what was posted made it look like a select few had some good information that others would never be privy to. 

People will obviously understand that stuff will get said at these meetups that need to stay within the confines of that meeting I think what got people so rattled was that it was posted that things got said and that it wouldnt be coming on here.

Thanks for the write ups folks. Really interesting and sounds like a great day / opportunity.

I could imagine it being difficult to broach certain subjects so I'm glad that you've asked questions we'd all like to know the answers to. Particularly pleased that the dressing room, large transfer fees, PC and the derby way issues were raised and discussed. I'm also 'pleased' that some of you raised issues, had a discussion and still don't agree (dressing room) are still not completely sure (derby way) in some respects, which makes me feel a bit better!  

As Mel said on the day, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I'm glad he is though.

Now if someone could just sort us out a nice little win for Saturday, that'd be great.

1 minute ago, Don't Panic said:

Great write ups - think a lot of forum members are interested in the behind the scenes (regardless of this weeks events) so good to see everyone's view of the day. 

hand on heart, if you get the chance to visit, do it. Not for what is said, but where his actions are there. Mel is not really interested in talking the talk, he does so out of obligation, but no amount of forum write ups will do it justice. He's the real deal and what he is saying is being delivered. None of this spin and nonsense from previous ownership(s).

You're relatively quiet in terms of posting, but I suggest if you're interested, get yourself posting more and earn an invite next time.

I haven't come out of there convinced of anything differently, but with a new optimism based on the level of dedication!

Did anybody mention the process behind new recruits, did the manager request a certain player or was it more down to position, I can imagine players with a short contract like Blackman being a business acquisition that we would fail to lose money if it didn't work for him on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Did anybody mention the process behind new recruits, did the manager request a certain player or was it more down to position, I can imagine players with a short contract like Blackman being a business acquisition that we would fail to lose money if it didn't work for him on the pitch.

yes, and it's referred to a few times in this thread lol.

5 hours ago, Daveo said:

Just to answer your questions Eddie, yes he did say Wassall would be part of the consultation process in appointing a new manager.

And yes we are also off to Austria in pre season, each day there will be 4 games and they are taking all the first team, U21's and U18's with them.

2 games will be a mix of first team with U21's and another 2 games with a mix of U21's with U18's. 

This was Mel's idea and that if a new manager was to come in he would need to buy into this idea as well.

Is that a slip of the 'pen' or is Mel open to the idea of a manager as opposed to a coach? Take it no mention of ticket prices, particularly for the Man U game?

Excellent read from all those attendees. It's the easiest thing in the world to pose a question, criticise or be a downright tw*t from the comfort of your armchair, totally different when the guy you're having a pop at is sat right in front of you - guess 80% of posters would be tongue-tied. It's quite a skill getting a meaningful response to an issue you feel passionate about without making the responder go into a wholly defensive mode.

Thanks, one and all and to Mel for having the bottle to face a potentially critical bunch of nomarks! ?

10 hours ago, Daveo said:

I just want to first explain the process of who was picked to go to Moor Farm for these sessions.

We first went to Moor Farm last year in the summer, I was approached by Mel to bring a group of members down for a tour and open session to clear the air talks after libellous posts were made on the forum. 

I was given a list of members, a couple of which were unable to attend for various reasons and was free to select replacements. To be honest I can only remember the reasons behind one replacement and that was Revildevil as he posted a Rupert Murdoch comparison which given the timing gave us a squeaky bum and was issued with a warning (which we removed after the meeting).

The day was a great success, it allowed us to clear the air of what is and isn't acceptable to post on the forum, turns out you can call Mel a **** all you like, just leave anything out that can be seen as libellous and damaging to the club or it's players, fair enough right? 

It seemed to go down well with members at the time and lifted the mood after recent events on the forum. I was also given an open invite to return in the future, although I didn't want to abuse that and ask to go down each month and I have had no other contact since that first meeting apart from thanking him for his words on Radio Derby about the forum. 

Fast forward to roughly 2 weeks ago Mel contacted me to remind me of the open invite, we agreed the date (yesterday) and I was allowed to pick 9 members, all Mel asked was for 3 positive, 3 neutral and 3 critical members for a balanced debate and banter. 

Only 3 of us that went last year went down yesterday, myself, Boycie and Alpha. If you believe there is a clique then it only has 3 in it and we have moderators that are still yet to even be invited.

I spoke with my other half Boycie and 6 other members were chosen and another mod Ambitious who for me fell into the critical of us at the time category, I'm not going to call out who I saw as the other critical members but Ambitious was very much in the Clement out group.

The 6 members I have never met before or had any online dating experiences with.

They were all simply regular members that have contributed to the forum and I felt would be able to hold a discussion with Mel on the day.

A couple I initially invited couldn't make it as they were under the thumb being Valentines weekend, again, not members I have met or had any real contact with.

After choosing the members and creating a range of views Mel decided he would make things even more entertaining by sacking Clement, we ended up with really critical members now that didn't hold back on the day.

I want to also squash the myth now that you have to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, like my posts on this forum, donate or feed me grapes whilst fanning my ego for an invite. 

It's also not true that if I don't like your posts on the forum or have any disagreements you wouldn't be chosen. Eddie went who I had loads of issues with when he first joined as he liked to call other members ***** on a regular basis, I may have agreed at the time but it didn't fit in with the forum I wanted to create and was banned temporary at one point. 

I would be able to pick a different 10 members every day for a week that I would take down there, we really do have a great group of regular members, honestly it's so hard trying to get that balance right, would be so easy to just pick the members that make me laugh and I get on with but it wouldn't make for a great discussion.

Just want to finish this post with I know some of you will see this as being nothing more than a PR brainwash job on us and those that return will have Mel's faeces on our noses and think we're something special and that's ok, free to believe what you want but I hope others also are interested in what the members have to say and will appreciate their opinions on what was said. 

I mentioned it last night but I'm still yet to talk to the guys that went, the plan was a pint in the Kings Corner after to have a chat, some stayed but I had to neck my pint quickly and go as the missus was kicking off that we had to be at the ground for 1pm as we won hospitality tickets on Twitter.

Another myth to squash is that Mel told Just Eat who to pick or that I have any kind of deal with Just Eat, if I was chosen because of my bio and they were hoping for free advertising, sorry but thanks! Was great seats, the missus loved the duck, shame the football had to ruin the day.

Something you not telling us ?

Archived