Season over?

Posh Ram

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in a state of utter confusion - I applauded Mel Morris' decision to get rid of Clement, but I assumed someone was lined up. Today, again is no surprise is it? Do people think that an individual can swap from a strategic role running an academy to managing team. ******* lunacy.

I admire almost all of what Morris has done, but I don't think he understands the balance between short and long term goals in football (or any business), you cannot simply ignore the short term, let's say we're 2,000 season tickets down next year, which is realistic. So then we're 10% down on budget, so we have left to spend and so on, it's not smart....

If the season ended now, we'd be in the play-offs so hard to say it's over. We'll get play-offs at best and even that is by no means a certainty right now... but we've still got something to play for.

I wonder how many games Mel would give it before he retracted his comment regarding DW here til the end of the season?

Two years of progress at this club has been thrown away in 9 months by Morris and his ludicrous decision making. Wassell is exactly the same as Clement; a good coach but not a manager. Get a quality manager in this week Mel or you are going to lose the fans. Dreadful result, dreadful performance, yet again.

Totally pathetic. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. 

Seriously we are going to really struggle to maintain a play off place now and if by some miracle we did then everyone will want to play us.!! Looks like I can save my money on flights over in May. 

Clement must be laughing his little PE Teacher socks off 

One person to blame...Mel Morris.

He's fallen out with our manager because he tried to interfere with the team. Sacked him over an argument, spouted a load of bullshit about WHY he sacked him (that neither our fans nor the rest of the football world bought a word of) and then gave our expensive squad an even LESS expierenced manager to see out the rest of a season, thus writing off the last 15 games. Feeling really sorry to all the poor people who have bought season tickets for this season, MM has let you down. He's our new Fawaz!

Hats off to any of you lot that still think he's taking us in the right direction!

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Two years of progress at this club has been thrown away in 9 months by Morris and his ludicrous decision making. Wassell is exactly the same as Clement; a good coach but not a manager. Get a quality manager in this week Mel or you are going to lose the fans. Dreadful result, dreadful performance, yet again.

Spot on

12 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Depends... We've still have the talent in the squad to sort ourselves out and put a run together its just a case of how we do it or when we pull ourselves together 

Of course you are right.

Indeed, there is no way for that statement to be wrong, because that could be applied to any team literally. When a statement is not falsifiable, it does not add anything, really. 

Get rid of Wassell and a proper manager in. Now. And don't choose another lap dog, Uncle MM. Give it to someone experienced and give him your full authority. Then stay at the backseat and focus on the club's business side.

1 minute ago, HKRam said:

Of course you are right.

Indeed, there is no way for that statement to be wrong, because that could be applied to any team literally. When a statement is not falsifiable, it does not add anything, really. 

Get rid of Wassall and a proper manager in. Now. And don't choose another lap dog, Uncle MM. Give it to someone experienced and give him your full authority. Then stay at the backseat and focus on the club's business side.

This group of players spanked hull. Surely with the right man in charge etc there is no reason we cant pull it together and go on a run.

Its not over with the amount of games we have left. But i agree its hard to see where are next win is comming from when we are playing like this 

First time since the days of star paul and the three amigos, that im actually ashamed and embarrassed to be a fan of this club. We are toxic from top to bottom, a power mad chairman, seemingly thousands of players on our books on ludicrous wages who dont frankly, give a toss about Derby or where we finish, which is completely evident today. 

I absolutely fully expect a transfer embargo waiting to greet us at the end of this season, I see some very dark times ahead indeed for Derby. 

in the space of literally months, we have gone from a wonderful, sustainable club playing exciting off your seat football. To an engorged, oozing pustule of greed and deceit, shameful Derby, shameful 

Archived