Remaining matches to play

plymouthram

Just looked at the remaining fixtures for the current top 6. M'boro have 4 of the top 6 still to play and also 4 other games against the top half teams. Hull have also 4 of top 6 to play and 4 others from top half. Burnley have just 2 of top 6 and 4 others from top half. Brighton have 5 from the top 6 and 3 from top half to play. Sheff Wed have 3 from top 6 and 5 from top half. The Rams have 3 from top 6 to play and 5 from the top half. On recent current form Burnley could come out on top. But we all know how unpredictable the league is. Can the Rams turn their season around with Darren Wassall in the hot seat. Will we hold on to a top 6 finish, could we still pinch a top 2 spot. I will predict a 4th spot finish, but a very satisfying style of football for our remaining games ( Mel demands it) 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Regardless of who has to play who, I'm now seeing the table with a little more pessimism - judging how close we are to slipping down to 7th rather than climbing back to 1st.

What a difference a day makes. 

I've gone the opposite way. 

I bet on us finishing outside the top six following the draw with Leeds. I'd seen enough turgid performances under the previous regime that I knew it was a smart bet. Unfortunately, I have been right up to now with that assessment and under Clement I think we would have sunk to a 9th/10th placed finish. 

Now, with the possibility of a little revival, hopefully the likes of Ince and Martin will find their form, It's not looking too bleak. I just hope that we can find a bit of motivation and form to finish the season on a high.  

6 hours ago, utisbug said:

Pressure's off now to an extent. Could be a blessing. That side with no shackles may just be quite a prospect.

<wrong end of the stick>

Replace him with Bucko?

</wrong end of the stick>

I think we will scape the playoffs on the last day against Ipswich. Somehow make our way to a Wembley final against Brighton, a team Who we should beat easily on the day, a team who have no players who can pop up with a last minute winner to ruin our dreams of promotion......Oh no hold on!!

We have seen many times in this division that momentum at the right time is everything , if my gut feeling about the Clement effect on our players is right and wassell comes in takes the shackles off and the atmosphere lifts this group of players are perfectly capable of going out and ripping this division a new one from now till the end of the season, pick the right team , tell them to get out there , express themselves and enjoy their football with a subs bench that could cut most championship side apart on their own, I predict third spot at worst , get the pro rocking and lift these players even more we just might produce a wave that takes us up this season , there ain't no fat lady singing yet

Archived