simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if the reason why an incredible 89% still approve of Mel, is because he is acting and talking like a fan who owns the club?

The other 11%, of which I am obviously one, perhaps perceive he has no idea how to act and talk like a successful football club Chairman.

I wonder how Board meetings would be going if he did not own the club?

There is trouble ahead.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Half fan said:

I wonder if the reason why an incredible 89% still approve of Mel, is because he is acting and talking like a fan who owns the club?

The other 11%, of which I am obviously one, perhaps perceive he has no idea how to act and talk like a successful football club Chairman.

I wonder how Board meetings would be going if he did not own the club?

There is trouble ahead.

Seeing as he's been in board meetings for years, I think you're wrong. 

Just now, Half fan said:

Seeing as I've been in board meetings for years too, I fear I'm right.

No no. Board meetings at Derby for years. Or are you on the Derby board?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many supported him to begin with though?

Probably a similar split. Generally everyone was excited, but there were cynics about having a fan as chairmen etc. 

The only thing that concerns me is not having an experienced manager finish this season off as we are still in a great shout for promotion, if even through the play offs. But on the other hand DW knows the club inside out, knows what academy products could come in and knows what the remit is.

i would look for Pearson until the end of the season and then review.

as always hindsight will be a wonderful thing come May and what will be will be!

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The only thing that concerns me is not having an experienced manager finish this season off as we are still in a great shout for promotion, if even through the play offs. But on the other hand DW knows the club inside out, knows what academy products could come in and knows what the remit is.

i would look for Pearson until the end of the season and then review.

as always hindsight will be a wonderful thing come May and what will be will be!

I dont see why NP would find a temporary contract attractive do you?  We would be lucky to find someone with no drawbacks.  NP is proven, local and available.  Whether he could produce a team that plays the Derby way well I'm not convinced but he is in most respects a good fit.

20 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

My Wolves mate says we are a shambles and laughing stock. Those of us who have watched us this season know full well we have been tactically inept for months. A suposed 433 has become 451 at best with the middle 3 treading on each others toes.

It will be interesting to hear what your Wolves mate says after we go there and thrash them with all of our players actually giving 100% for DW.

Archived