Sam Rush

I know Sam Rush has been mentioned in a few posts but it doesn't look like he has his own thread.

Is it just me or does Sam have to take some blame for Clements appointment. We don't see much of him lately, he used to always be the front man, especially where the manager was concerned.

A lot of mistakes have taken place recently and I would think he has to shoulder some of the blame.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the opposite, Mel has lessened his role and is making a lot of the personnel decisions.

I'm not a "Mel out" guy but he should definitely be listening to Rush - he's quite clearly a switched-on individual. Remember it was him who had Clough sacked, which proved the catalyst for our recent success.

Why does anybody have to be 'blamed' for anything? Somebody made an apointment in good faith and nobody really questioned the logic at the time and it didn't work out as expected. Not a major crime. We are currently 5th anyway so why you'd have to blame somebody for that is odd as well.

I get the impression, and it's only a perception, that Rush has been undermined by Uncle Mel since coming in.

I think Rush wanted to keep McClaren, and there was a pretty good bond between the two, but I believe he has to act upon the requests of Mel Morris, who, has a successful business man, has the right to be confident in his own decisions.

We will never know, but based on the first two seasons of Sam, compared to this season, there's been a lot of difference and it all seems a lot less cool and calculated than before.

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Why does anybody have to be 'blamed' for anything? Somebody made an apointment in good faith and nobody really questioned the logic at the time and it didn't work out as expected. Not a major crime. We are currently 5th anyway so why you'd have to blame somebody for that is odd as well.

When you appoint somebody that has no managerial experience and then let them spend the most DCFC has ever done in their history and then sack them 8 months later, I think somebody has to answer questions.

Not a major crime no but a big mistake yes

27 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Well, having read most of the threads on here over the last 24 hours, how refreshing it is to discover that we have at least one fan who isn't a complete and utter raving lunatic.

23 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

When you appoint somebody that has no managerial experience and then let them spend the most DCFC has ever done in their history and then sack them 8 months later, I think somebody has to answer questions.

Not a major crime no but a big mistake yes

A big mistake to hire them - or to fire them?

Quite a few on here want it both ways - but then again, my thoughts about some of my fellow fans are no secret - many of them are half-gobshites.

1. Thought Sam was doing okay leading the club on the playing side but seems to have become a backseat rider for while which is a shame.  His skill set and reputation suggests this is not the best place for him to be effective and he should return to his more prominent role but that is Mel's call which I respect.

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

Is Big Sam irrelevant now?

Sorry to say that Sam will be highly relevant now to all headhunters.

Did he not win 'CEO of the Year' or somesuch last year?

He was certainly well regarded on this forum for a long time.

And DCFC's best times since Jim Smith were under him and Schteve.

Gates climbed as did DCFC's prestige. Attracted crowds, attracted players.

Now what on earth is his role? Unless it is clear and his own achievements continue to enhance his CV, he might well be thinking about what to do next.

Fertile ground for headhunters.

Ian Hall always used to say, sagely:"the damage isn't done when someone departs, only when they are replaced by someone inferior". I hope we do not have to commend Ian Hall's wisdom yet again.

Archived