Would you take back Paul Jewell?

wixman1884

Would you take back Paul Jewell?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

That's what made me hate the fecker.

Talked about preparing for the Championship and how players will be leaving in the summer. 

THAT was the key to getting 11 points. That knob head coming and telling the players that there's nothing to play for. 

There was still a VERY slim chance of staying up that season when he joined, his first game at Sunderland summed it up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fat wannabe star was responsible for the single worst Derby performance I've ever witnessed.  Against Charlton away just after we'd signed Luke Varney.  I've never seen a team so bereft of ideas or spirit in my life.  It was a shambles on every level...  He's neck & neck with King Bill-eh for most hated ex manager for me.

Ok, Paul Jewell is in at 33/1 to become the next manager. 

Time for a bit of Maths.

Based on this incredibly revealing poll, it looks like a solid 26% of fans would take him back. 

We all know that Mel is on this forum a lot (evidence would suggest that curtains is actually Mel, but I'm not 100%). There is about 1 in 4 chance that Mel is among the Derby fans that would welcome him back. 

So basically you have 33/1 odds on something that has a 1 in 4 chance of happening. I'm not a gambling man - but that sounds like a profitable call to me. I wouldn't put my mortgage on it, but maybe take out a decent sized home equity loan and dump that on there. 

It's a win win - either you make lots of money, or Paul Jewell isn't our next manager.

(side note: seriously though, don't actually put money on Paul Jewell being our next manager)

Archived