From the ashes a fire shall be woken

KBB

We are still Derby, always will be.

everyone on here, including Mel morris, wants their club to be the best it can possibly be.

This season is by no means over.

Anyone else tempted to stick a little bit of cash on us still going up?

and before you ask, no I haven't been on the crack pipe.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best response of he day/week moustache.

To be honest I think the sacking is a good thing for Derby, but only if we made a decent appointment in Clements place, unfortunately it appears we have written off this season and have decided to go again next season.

Not sure I would fancy our chances though in a division containing Villa, Sunderland and Norwich. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

To be honest I think the sacking is a good thing for Derby, but only if we made a decent appointment in Clements place, unfortunately it appears we have written off this season and have decided to go again next season.

Not sure I would fancy our chances though in a division containing Villa, Sunderland and Norwich. 

If Mel was to hear from someone like Rodgers or Moyes that they would take the job in the summer, wouldn't it be a bit stupid not to wait for a manager of their standing?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was just thinking the same, next season could be really tough with Villa, Sunderland, Norwich plus whoever doesn't go up this season out of Boro, Hull, Burnley, Ipswich, Brighhton and then teams that are improving all the time like Wednesday, Forest and Birmingham..... I would think that whatever rubbish Mel is spouting today (and it is rubbish) that promotion is a MUST this season (and so it should be after spunking 30 odd million) 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Brown nose is being given 16 games to make the job his.

Brown nose...! and you know this because..? Oh thats right you don't know it....you don't know it at all.

A great player for us in his day and is obviously done a really good job with the under 21's so deserves a chance if he wants it. Lets face it he can't do any worse and who knows he might just get them playing together for the common goal...like a TEAM..? weird thought

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Brown nose...! and you know this because..? Oh thats right you don't know it....you don't know it at all.

A great player for us in his day and is obviously done a really good job with the under 21's so deserves a chance if he wants it. Lets face it he can't do any worse and who knows he might just get them playing together for the common goal...like a TEAM..? weird thought

We'll see MuesWum

23 minutes ago, KBB said:

We are still Derby, always will be.

everyone on here, including Mel morris, wants their club to be the best it can possibly be.

This season is by no means over.

Anyone else tempted to stick a little bit of cash on us still staying up!

and before you ask, no I haven't been on the crack pipe.

FTFY

I'm not thinking Wassall brown nosed it at all.

He was doing good at the academy, when Chairman Mel decided to liquidate Clement, Mel and Rush presumably discussed who to take charge in the immediate aftermath, clear they didn't want Paecock, and couldn't bring in someone right away who they liked and thought Wassall could be the safe pair of hands.

I've every belief that they have a wish list to come in and want Wassall back at the academy. The end of the season tells Wassall they trust him, the players don't think you can shirk it til new guy comes in and the fans that it's not a panic to find someone to get us up.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Just let me know when you have any type of proof at all that Mr Wasell is a "brown nose"...!!

I watch how he behaves during the match which you can't do.

he has a habit of being very fortunate. Nigel goes. All his staff go but wassall stays.

schteve goes. Lee glover is removed from managing the u21s and guess who comes out smelling of roses as u21 boss.

Now this. 

he'll get the job unless something goes spectacularly wrong.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

he has a habit of being very fortunate. Nigel goes. All his staff go but wassall stays.

schteve goes. Lee glover is removed from managing the u21s and guess who comes out smelling of roses as u21 boss.

Now this. 

Or just maybe, Nigel left and Wassell was kept on because he was good at his job, then Steve leaves and Wassell is kept on because he is good at his job.....?

You have absolutely no way of knowing which side of the story is true, none whatsoever. oh wait a second you watch what he does during the match....absolute genius, of course you do, you sit there all game fixated on him and everything he does, I bet you can hear everything he says too can't you. Sorry, silly me, you are right...

Give me strength.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Now this. 

I don't understand how this is Brown nosing?  Clearly it's someone who does a good job and is trying to work his way up the ranks . Probably like the majority of us are trying to do in our own careers , good on him I say ! 

I remember Wassell's presentation at the early season Fans Forum - although nervous he spoke with passion and pride about the academy and their place in the club's future. 

He has delivered on his vision with the under 21s playing attractive football successfully and very possibly getting promoted to their top tier this season. 

Maybe that's why he has been given the role as first team coach now. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I remember Wassell's presentation at the early season Fans Forum - although nervous he spoke with passion and pride about the academy and their place in the club's future. 

He has delivered on his vision with the under 21s playing attractive football successfully and very possibly getting promoted to their top tier this season. 

Yes big Fan Fare when he entered the room at the IPRO. 

Mel was singing the praises on everyone that night 

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes big Fan Fare when he entered the room at the IPRO. 

Mel was singing the praises on everyone that night 

Archived