Reflection

Wolfie20

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I ways want to give any manager a good go at it (apart from Phil brown) but I had a bad feeling about how things would end up with PC as he produced non entertaining football as far as I can see and I pay my money to be entertained whatever league my team is in. But in reality he took a very good group of players which were reinforced well I thought in the summer ( not so well in the closing of the Windows) but made watching our Derby county painful to watch.

Well that's the bottom line. We're painful to watch. As much as advocating PC to stay until the end of the season would have been best, ideally - in reality, everything I've heard suggests that he wasn't about to change his approach and the football we've seen thus far these season, would have continued. That being the case, I'd rather Mel do something about it now. Points on the board is one thing, but the last time we blinded ourselves to the insipid-ness of our football because we were picking up points aplenty we ended up paying the price for our short-sightedness, and then some.

For the rest of the season, I just hope we manage to re-find the creative freedom that we've lost this year. If we can do that, and stay strong at the back, then the results should take care of themselves anyway.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Well that's the bottom line. We're painful to watch. As much as advocating PC to stay until the end of the season would have been best, ideally - in reality, everything I've heard suggests that he wasn't about to change his approach and the football we've seen thus far these season, would have continued. That being the case, I'd rather Mel do something about it now. Points on the board is one thing, but the last time we blinded ourselves to the insipid-ness of our football because we were picking up points aplenty we ended up paying the price for our short-sightedness, and then some.

For the rest of the season, I just hope we manage to re-find the creative freedom that we've lost this year. If we can do that, and stay strong at the back, then the results should take care of themselves anyway.

Spot on Mel - ta for all your support! 

Football is not an exact science you know that  

You can't play well every week and you know that  

Forest fans are laughing at us .

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-laughing-socks-Derby-County/story-28707731-detail/story.html

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Forest and Derby fans are always laughing at each other whatever happens. Don't really see why it matters. I think sacking PC was a bold, strong decision and I think things will improve. 

They won't long term .

You will get a honeymoon period for sure 

The management structure is wrong IMO.

To much meddling with team matters. 

I hope I'm wrong but mean time we are a laughing stock 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-laughing-socks-Derby-County/story-28707731-detail/story.html

A hugely difficult task especially for a manager who's only been u21 boss. To get the balance between being hard to break down but also creative going forward is the utopia that everyone aims for but few can achieve. How do you make us more solid without curbing the attacking flow? How do you stay exciting but be solid at the back? 

We have the squad to do it in my opinion but it'll be hard to find a manager to come in who can accomplish both. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Football is not an exact science you know that  

You can't play well every week and you know that  

Forest fans are laughing at us .

Who gives a f*ck?!

They're under an embargo, are taken to court every week because their owner doesn't have a clue and their fans have to watch sh*te football regularly and many opposition managers have commented on this. They're on their longest unbeaten run in a long time and we're still miles ahead of them. Their attendances are decreasing due to sh*te football and an owner charging stupid ticket prices. They're the only club in the East Midland's 'big three' who don't have a level 1 academy so are likely to miss out on the best talent. 

Meanwhile, we aren't under an embargo, aren't taken to court every week because our owner knows how to run a business and Mel is doing everything he can to give us fans the entertaining football he thinks we deserve. We've been sh*te lately and are still in a play off spot. We're signing a lot of talent for the academy so in the future hopefully we've got a few who can make it through to the first team. Our attendances are still the highest in the league and Mel continues to keep ticket prices very low in comparison to a lot of other Championship teams.

So let them have a laugh at us. Our season is about trying to get in the play offs/ auto places and their season revolves around hoping we don't succeed rather than their own ambitions. I know which team I'd rather support. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Who gives a f*ck?!

They're under an embargo, are taken to court every week because their owner doesn't have a clue and their fans have to watch sh*te football regularly and many opposition managers have commented on this. They're on their longest unbeaten run in a long time and we're still miles ahead of them. Their attendances are decreasing due to sh*te football and an owner charging stupid ticket prices. They're the only club in the East Midland's 'big three' who don't have a level 1 academy so are likely to miss out on the best talent. 

Meanwhile, we aren't under an embargo, aren't taken to court every week because our owner knows how to run a business and Mel is doing everything he can to give us fans the entertaining football he thinks we deserve. We've been sh*te lately and are still in a play off spot. We're signing a lot of talent for the academy so in the future hopefully we've got a few who can make it through to the first team. Our attendances are still the highest in the league and Mel continues to keep ticket prices very low in comparison to a lot of other Championship teams.

So let them have a laugh at us. Our season is about trying to get in the play offs/ auto places and their season revolves around hoping we don't succeed rather than their own ambitions. I know which team I'd rather support. 

It's not about that it's about doing the right thing .

Paul Clement didn't deserve to be sacked .

Hope the honeymoon last this time. 

RAMS4LIFE 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Who gives a f*ck?!

Thanks Cam, just didn't have the energy :lol:

Just now, curtains said:

RAMS4LIFE 

Why didn't he deserve to be sacked? 25 million spent, playing boring football and managed to play a style that suited about 2 of our players. If Mel wasn't happy with the progress after investing that much money into the squad and giving Clement probably the biggest contract of any manager in the league then he had every right to sack him. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

RAMS4LIFE 

Mel has implied that PC did not have the long term goals of Derby County at heart, and if that's the case and he said differently when he was originally approached for the job then he deserved to be sacked.

But I don't know if that's the case, and neither do you. Whether or not PC deserved to be sacked is not up for debate, it's either true or it isn't and NO-ONE here knows which one it is. No point getting upset about it if you don't know all the facts. Just move on. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Cam changed his mind big time on Paul and so did you. 

Best thing since sliced bread when he came to Derby right. 

Just like you changed your mind on McClaren. People's opinions can change after a period of time .... I know, crazy, isn't it?

When Clement arrived at Derby we were told he'd continue playing the same style of football and we added 20 million quids worth of talent to an already strong squad. He'd been at PSG, Chelsea and Madrid under Ancelotti so I think we could be forgiven for expecting quality attacking football. Instead we were treated to slow negative football that suited barely any of our players.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Cam changed his mind big time on Paul and so did you. 

Best thing since sliced bread when he came to Derby right. 

Yes, because in the beginning I supported him because he was our head coach, he spoke well, he seemed to be pulling in the right direction and I had no reason to doubt him. But then, we didn't improve, at all. Players looked unmotivated, un-confident and stories of rifts started forming. Opinions change over time, you don't have to stick by what you first thought if the circumstances change and they did, massively. 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just like you changed your mind on McClaren. People's opinions can change after a period of time .... I know, crazy, isn't it?

When Clement arrived at Derby we were told he'd continue playing the same style of football and we added 20 million quids worth of talent to an already strong squad. He'd been at PSG, Chelsea and Madrid under Ancelotti so I think we could be forgiven for expecting quality attacking football. Instead we were treated to slow negative football that suited barely any of our players.

So attacking football always works does it .

Ever thought that teams stop us playing attacking football at the IPRO and sit with 2 banks of 4 behind the ball i.e. Birmingham City. 

Then as when Paul Clement stated you go gung ho  ( my interpretation)you get hit for 3 goals. 

Hull away we won 2-0 and Paul was lauded with the performance. 

What makes you think Wassall has the answers .

He may get a honeymoon period for sure but you will still have disgruntled players not in the 1st 11 right. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yes, because in the beginning I supported him because he was our head coach, he spoke well, he seemed to be pulling in the right direction and I had no reason to doubt him. But then, we didn't improve, at all. Players looked unmotivated, un-confident and stories of rifts started forming. Opinions change over time, you don't have to stick by what you first thought if the circumstances change and they did, massively. 

Read my reply to Cam 

Player power have you heard of it. 

Archived