Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Back to the future. 28 May 2016 'headband wearing' Keogh stands tall at Wembley with Play-off Trophy aloft. Stranger things have happened.

Mrs Muespachs only knowledge on the beautiful game has been gained from me talking at her about it.... This morning as I was telling her about Clement going she asked me if that meant that Derby "would be getting into that final you went to before now you have got rid of the school teacher".... I think she sees the future too.. (she also said that it's too expensive and I probably should prepare for not going....so she doesn't see that good into the future)

26 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Should have been Shackell, all day long. Keoghs had his chance as captain and he can't handle it, plus it's really not fair on him. He's scapegoat number 1 again now after probably just recovering from the abuse last season. 

Calamity Keogh is back with a vengeance 

Really harsh Derbados. Keogh plays with guts like no one else. He makes Russell Crowe in Gladiator look like a whoopsie. He wins everything in the air and he also makes great attacking runs. I love love love him. I would have gone Shacks or Thorne but he's a fine choice. Baird Martin Warmock were such bad choices it was unbelievable. You'll see Saturday what real leadership is. COYR 

who is making these decisions ??

Keogh could not handle the added pressure before hand and as we know he only needs the slightest of distraction before making an error, yes he has improved on last season but I put that down to having a settled centre back partner who talks to him through the game and has helped him to remain calmer, certainly do not see the point of cementing his position in the team nor giving him and thing else to concentrate on other than his game.

Personally I would have gone for Thorne myself. Seen him dictating to the back line to stay back or push forward before and his position and play style is a good place for the captaincy to be. Perhaps he just likes to concentrate on being the footballing god that he is and wouldn't want it though.

50/50 on Keogh. I think it's a step backward to go forward kind of thing, get some player unity back again and all that. I don't see any reason why he can't be given a chance at it again. I hope it works out better for him this time.

9 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Keogh could not handle the added pressure before hand and as we know he only needs the slightest of distraction before making an error, yes he has improved on last season but I put that down to having a settled centre back partner who talks to him through the game and has helped him to remain calmer, certainly do not see the point of cementing his position in the team nor giving him and thing else to concentrate on other than his game.

I suspect it's really going to help if the Derby boo-boys get on his back right away again... Seems like he reacted really well to the constant criticism from the stands...

10 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

What added pressure? Why do you talk of pressure being the captain? 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What added pressure? Why do you talk of pressure being the captain? 

because being a captain means that it distracts from a players natural game this creates an added pressure, some players can handle that and they thrive on it, some players cant and this allows needless errors to creep into their game, that's what I talk of, errors

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I suspect it's really going to help if the Derby boo-boys get on his back right away again... Seems like he reacted really well to the constant criticism from the stands...

not quite sure what you are saying cheron85 ?

boo boys as in booing the guy every time he touches the ball (didn't really here any of that directed to him as an individual) or boo boys as in members of the crowd shouting comments ? or boo boys as in keyboard warriors ?

this season he has been one of our most improved (a lot of improvement was needed) but as I said I think that was down to not being captain and having a steady experienced partner alongside him.

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Yeah its actually possible to hear him from there, has a gob like a fog horn.

I get what your saying, sometimes its good to have a fire set under your arse thing with Keogh/Christie is when Keogh has had blast at him Christie hasnt responded with his head high in a 'Im gonna show you' kinda way, his head has dropped and become mopy.

It must have been frustrating when the same player kept making the same mistake time and again, there is only so much positive reinforcement you can do.

17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

because being a captain means that it distracts from a players natural game this creates an added pressure, some players can handle that and they thrive on it, some players cant and this allows needless errors to creep into their game, that's what I talk of, errors

The only distraction is calling heads or tails before the game. What other distractions are there?

26 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The only distraction is calling heads or tails before the game. What other distractions are there?

If that was the only function of being a captain nobody would give a **** who got it. Captaincy involves being the on field manager, responsible for motivation, organisation, ensuring people are carrying out their tactical duties. It's a heavy workload and RK is twice the player when it isn't his.

30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Scarlet pimpernel my friend You are obviously not a leader of men and know not of what I speak ! Let's just hope that he continues to perform as he has this season and not last season.

Archived