Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cheron85 said:

Why are people so convinced that he berates Christie? I've only ever seen Keogh with hi arm round players shoulders giving them pep talks... Or yelling in their face when they do something well (which I'd suggest is a motivational, adrenaline pumping yelling)...

And I'm pretty sure his attitude towards the fans was 1 million times less bad than their response to him...

Because I sit on the front row of the west stand pretty much in line with the edge of the area - this is the view from my seat:

988872_10152900302613050_352461786623960

I have seen him ******* Christie on a number of occasions, especially when CC was on his run of poor form.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Why are people so convinced that he berates Christie? I've only ever seen Keogh with hi arm round players shoulders giving them pep talks... Or yelling in their face when they do something well (which I'd suggest is a motivational, adrenaline pumping yelling)...

And I'm pretty sure his attitude towards the fans was 1 million times less bad than their response to him...

Agreed. If anything I'd say Keogh gives it a little too much of the lovey-dovey arm round the shoulder treatment when, sometimes, Cyrus needs a kick up the jacksie.

Keogh is a good captain, but I don't really think giving him the armband changes too much. Real leaders demonstrate those qualities regardless of whether they have a bit of material around their arm and that's what Keogh has been doing all season.

I can't wait to give his Mrs some grief on twitter though:ph34r:

Overall a good appointment 

Regular captain playing pretty much every week unlike changing every few games. Just hope it doesn't effect his form. In my opinion i think he's been better this season than last. He always has a mistake in him but he gives 100% and i dont think there are many better centre backs at this level 

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

Agreed. If anything I'd say Keogh gives it a little too much of the lovey-dovey arm round the shoulder treatment when, sometimes, Cyrus needs a kick up the jacksie.

Keogh is a good captain, but I don't really think giving him the armband changes too much. Real leaders demonstrate those qualities regardless of whether they have a bit of material around their arm and that's what Keogh has been doing all season.

I can't wait to give his Mrs some grief on twitter though:ph34r:

Surely she's learnt her lesson and set it to private by now

29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

People giving him **** already! He's been the most consistent player for us this season, and he's done the job before.

What was that about getting behind the players at a time like this? Shameful.

Because 90%+ of Derby fans have said this season he has been immense and most put it down to the fact the captain band has been taken off him therefore the pressure has. I think it's down to Shacks being a more reliable quality center back.

You have to see where most are coming from including me in worrying what will happen now he will become scapegoat of the side now. Simply because of the captaincy.

15 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Because I sit on the front row of the west stand pretty much in line with the edge of the area - this is the view from my seat:

I have seen him ******* Christie on a number of occasions, especially when CC was on his run of poor form.

I'm t'other end of the West stand... And in the upper tier...

You say you've 'seen him' do it but can you hear him from there? I personally think he's more motivational in his approach than berating but then it depends how you view it I guess... I spent years as a kid playing football and found the best coaches were the guys who yelled and shouted when you were doing well... really gets the adrenaline going... But one of my mates (who never played competitive sports) HATES that approach...

20 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

See what happens when you buy cheap spec's on the internet.

Should have gone to SpecSavers

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm t'other end of the West stand... And in the upper tier...

You say you've 'seen him' do it but can you hear him from there? I personally think he's more motivational in his approach than berating but then it depends how you view it I guess... I spent years as a kid playing football and found the best coaches were the guys who yelled and shouted when you were doing well... really gets the adrenaline going... But one of my mates (who never played competitive sports) HATES that approach...

Yeah its actually possible to hear him from there, has a gob like a fog horn.

I get what your saying, sometimes its good to have a fire set under your arse thing with Keogh/Christie is when Keogh has had blast at him Christie hasnt responded with his head high in a 'Im gonna show you' kinda way, his head has dropped and become mopy.

18 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Because 90%+ of Derby fans have said this season he has been immense and most put it down to the fact the captain band has been taken off him therefore the pressure has. I think it's down to Shacks being a more reliable quality center back.

You have to see where most are coming from including me in worrying what will happen now he will become scapegoat of the side now. Simply because of the captaincy.

Aren't you already turning him in to a scapegoat by worrying that some armband will all of a sudden make him crap? As you said, he's been immense this season down to having better players around him. That's not going to change just because he's been renamed captain.

The club and the team needs stability right now, and this move seems like exactly the right call until the end of the season.

Should have been Shackell, all day long. Keoghs had his chance as captain and he can't handle it, plus it's really not fair on him. He's scapegoat number 1 again now after probably just recovering from the abuse last season. 

Calamity Keogh is back with a vengeance 

Just now, Ilsonram12 said:

Can't believe we've gone backwards and reinstated keogh, he doesn't need this burden and has been one of our better players this season, what has shackell done?

Maybe Shackell isn't much of a force in the dressing room. Maybe he's quiet, keeps to himself. 

Why not go backwards? We were better with Keogh as captain. At least we were according to everyone saying we'd gone backwards under Clement. 

I think everyone would agree Keogh has been vastly improved this season and along with Shackell has been one of our most consistent performers; putting an armband on him shouldn't change that. The pressure for results now is on the whole team not just the captain.

Also, as rumours start to emerge that the squad was unsettled under Clement and that team spirit was at its lowest since McClaren took over, remember that Keogh was captain when it was at its highest and was also undoubtedly key in helping the team recover from our loss in the play-off final.

With so much uncertainty surrounding the club at the minute, knowing you have something constant in your captain is reassuring. Especially when I think one of Clement's mistakes wasn't giving the armband to one of the CB's sooner.

Archived