Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, StapenhillRam said:

How do you know Mel isn't telling Wassal what to do.

If you have ever worked for a successful businessman, I assure you there will have been a conversation and agreed that the boss's view is the correct one !!

I don't but I'm not the one that's claiming he is without backing that statement up. For all we know Mel might think Shackell would be the best choice for captain. 

Abramovich is a successful businessman, did he tell Mourinho and Hiddink who should be captain?

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I don't but I'm not the one that's claiming he is without backing that statement up. For all we know Mel might think Shackell would be the best choice for captain. 

Abramovich is a successful businessman, did he tell Mourinho and Hiddink who should be captain?

You started it by stating that it was Wassall's idea to have Keogh as captain, without backing the statement.

How do you know ????

4 minutes ago, StapenhillRam said:

You started it by stating that it was Wassall's idea to have Keogh as captain, without backing the statement.

How do you know ????

Erm this was my first post on the appointment yesterday, 

1.thumb.png.58acef864411dfdd6d4052259400

And my next post in this thread was my reply to you today

2.thumb.png.ad42a5b9f843883565ff97e05d8f

At no point did I try to claim that Keogh being appointed captain was down to Wassall, Mel or the tea lady. 

On the other hand you have come on said that you think this shows Mel IS telling Wassall what to do, I'm just confused as to what makes you believe that because we've appointed Keogh captain?

For all this "I can't believe he hasn't given it to Shackell", has anyone ever thought that Shackell doesn't want it?

Is about the only player in a Derby shirt who hasn't been captain at one time or another this season, and isn't again now.

Perhaps he's been asked and declined?

53 minutes ago, StapenhillRam said:

How do you know Mel isn't telling Wassal what to do ?

If you have ever worked for a successful businessman, I assure you there will have been a conversation and agreed that the boss's view is the correct one !!

Mel said he wasn't a fan of 'big gesture, arm waving captaincy', shortly before Baird was made captain.

• 2 weeks later...

Best game as skipper for a long time against Blackburn and getting better each game.

Couple of great balls through tonight, psrticularly the one to put Martin in. Besides the 3 points he was the biggest positive tonight.

Hope I'm not jinxing him but he's starting to look a real leader.

• 3 weeks later...
mumblemumble

Didn't want to start another thread, the thread police are out in force!

Captain calamity it back, his mistake for the first gave them belief to go on and get more.

I do like Keogh, most of the time he is outstanding but it's these mistakes that cost us games time and time again! 

1 minute ago, mumblemumble said:

Didn't want to start another thread, the thread police are out in force!

Captain calamity it back, his mistake for the first gave them belief to go on and get more.

I do like Keogh, most of the time he is outstanding but it's these mistakes that cost us games time and time again! 

Yep gave them the ball in the middle of the park to run down and score. Shackell did it a few times too.

Sith Happens

yes sounds like a mistake, but didnt help after that because we had no defensive midfields or a player to hold it up up front

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

yes sounds like a mistake, but didnt help after that because we had no defensive midfields or a player to hold it up up front

Yep, we saw what happened last season when we had no holding midfielder and Martin. It doesn't take a tactical genius to work that one out. 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Doesn't that speak volumes. What kind of football team can only defend and keep the ball out of their net when they are playing a DM. To me it certainly does. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Doesn't that speak volumes. What kind of football team can only defend and keep the ball out of their net when they are playing a DM. To me it certainly does. 

maybe so, but we have evidence of this countless times in the past two seasons, the manager should know where out weaknesses are.

Archived