Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes perfect sense to me. This squad needs unity, and why not go back to who was leading them when we were last a "team". We need to get back to that time when Keogh/Bryson/Martin were the senior players and the core of that team spirit.

I have concerns about this. The guy doesn't need an armband to be a leader on and off the pitch. The problem is that it's too much responsibility for him and it get's to him and he behaves like a bolted horse. He has done so well this season because Shackell is next to him and he isn't captain. If I were to give it to anyone it would be Shackell. 

The decision under PC not to make Keogh captain was the right one. However not giving it Shackell was the wrong one. 

Makes sense, Baird won't be happy and some fans will be asking why not Shackell but appointing a new captain is the start of adding stability back into the team. You could say it was Clement's first real mistake however he had a decent pre season and we don't know how the players took to him behind the scenes, either way since he's lost his place in the team passing the armband around is a strange one, can't say i've seen any club do that before. 

I just hope this doesn't put Keogh out there as a scapegoat again taking the full blame for every goal conceded, he's had a decent season so far (forget Burnley) 

Worrying decision. Keogh makes mistakes when he feels the pressure, and he clearly feels that pressure more with the armband. His game is now likely to go to pot. More worrying though, is that Wassall is now making what looks like medium term decisions. Maybe it is Wassall for the rest of the season - Mel really does just want a yes man in post then. 

Archived