Rumours

TroyDyer

As much as I hate the #ITK posters, I did just get some knowledge from someone who got it from the big man himself. I'm not one to divulge as it's a stitch but basically. 

No one has slept with any players wives etc. 

There wasn't a major players revolt. 

There have been issues behind the scenes but not the player/manager infidelity nonsense that has often been rumoured. 

Mel does read this forum (among others) and is fed up of the constant rumour mill. 

(Personally hope this one isn't true and is just being coy) Wassall is in charge until the end of the season and isn't bringing anyone in. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the feeling he read this forum when I was one of the only one's to question the Bradley Johnson deal at the time and Mel came out in an interview to dismiss concerns. So if he reads this I would just like to take a moment to highlight our summer activity. 

What will most likely happen is we will ship off about 11 players that no one will miss. Probably Bent, Sammon (finally out of contract), Albentosa, Shotton, Weimann, Blackman, Camara, Johnson, Baird, Roos and Pearce, 

We will probably end up with about £8m and obviously a significantly reduced wage bill. Warnock will also probably go too. 

That will be enough to see off any impending doom people think is on the horizon. We probably won't sign many players for a fee. We will have the likes of Forsyth and Hughes back. Bryson coming back now too and Buxton. Then there are youngsters such as Hanson, Bennett and Lowe who will get more of a look in along with Rawson. That's 8 players right there. I would take that 8 over the 11 I listed at the top any day of the week.They will mostly fill the whole left by the 11/12 leaving. We will probably buy 1 or 2 players on top of that and sign a couple on loan. 

My real concern is whilst all this is going on other clubs will poach our better players. Financially we actually won't need to move on anyone we don't want to. So people shouldn't be alarmed. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I got the feeling he read this forum when I was one of the only one's to question the Bradley Johnson deal at the time and Mel came out in an interview to dismiss concerns. So if he reads this I would just like to take a moment to highlight our summer activity. 

What will most likely happen is we will ship off about 11 players that no one will miss. Probably Bent, Sammon (finally out of contract), Albentosa, Shotton, Weimann, Blackman, Camara, Johnson, Baird, Roos and Pearce, 

We will probably end up with about £8m and obviously a significantly reduced wage bill. Warnock will also probably go too. 

That will be enough to see off any impending doom people think is on the horizon. We probably won't sign many players for a fee. We will have the likes of Forsyth and Hughes back. Bryson coming back now too and Buxton. Then there are youngsters such as Hanson, Bennett and Lowe who will get more of a look in along with Rawson. That's 8 players right there. I would take that 8 over the 11 I listed at the top any day of the week.They will mostly fill the whole left by the 11/12 leaving. We will probably buy 1 or 2 players on top of that and sign a couple on loan. 

My real concern is whilst all this is going on other clubs will poach our better players. Financially we actually won't need to move on anyone we don't want to. So people shouldn't be alarmed. 

Johnson and Blackman are on big contracts until 2020.....cant see them going anywhere

16 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

As much as I hate the #ITK posters, I did just get some knowledge from someone who got it from the big man himself. I'm not one to divulge as it's a stitch but basically. 

There have been issues behind the scenes but not the player/manager infidelity nonsense that has often been rumoured. 

Mel does read this forum (among others) and is fed up of the constant rumour mill. 

(Personally hope this one isn't true and is just being coy) Wassall is in charge until the end of the season and isn't bringing anyone in. 

Depends what you mean by revolt......they were definitley not happy or onside

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'd miss Weimann and Johnson, people are harping on about BJs bad form but he's STILL had more good games than bad games. I also might miss Blackman and Camara but I'd like to see more of them.

**** rumours, all I care about is the bit on the green rectangle.

With all respect to Troy and other posters who undoubtably post in good faith, most of what gets said is at best missing nuance and at worst out-right ********. Why waste the mental effort sorting the good from the bad?

22 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

The big man being?

9 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I get the impression that its a "let's REALLY go for it next year". 

Which isn't what any of us want to hear. 

New tactic... Buy ANYONE who even looks halfway decent from our promotion rivals next year... Leave them with half a team... Have a squad which is 100 players strong...

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I sincerely hope, that only 5 points off success, we haven't given up on this season.

If Boro and Hull both win their games in hand we'll be 9 points off... Which means (assuming Boro and Hull both maintain their current PPG) we'd need to win 15 games to overtake them... Of the remaining 16...

So we either do that (which seems unlikely with the sheer randomness of the Championship) or we hope that Hull or Boro have a monumental wobble...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

If Boro and Hull both win their games in hand we'll be 9 points off... Which means (assuming Boro and Hull both maintain their current PPG) we'd need to win 15 games to overtake them... Of the remaining 16...

So we either do that (which seems unlikely with the sheer randomness of the Championship) or we hope that Hull or Boro have a monumental wobble...

I don't pay attention to that nonsense, Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich were probably all slightly off the pace at this point last season, and had a points swing much better than 9 I'd reckon (over us)

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I sincerely hope, that only 5 points off success, we haven't given up on this season.

Yep - putting the Academy Manager in charge, a bloke who has never managed a Football League team in his life, certainly gives us the message that we can still do this. If he struggles, we'll put Terry from the South Car Park in charge eh?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I don't pay attention to that nonsense, Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich were probably all slightly off the pace at this point last season, and had a points swing much better than 9 I'd reckon (over us)

Yeh that's what I'm saying... We need to rely on one of the other teams 'doing a Derby' and having an end of season collapse...

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Yep - putting the Academy Manager in charge, a bloke who has never managed a Football League team in his life, certainly gives us the message that we can still do this. If he struggles, we'll put Terry from the South Car Park in charge eh?

Yes he has.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

We are still in it right now. But if Hull get 7 points from their next 4 games then it's play off push only. 

Archived