New Manager Odds

Srg

21 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

are you thinking of the 3-4 clearly insane ones? Henning Berg, Ally McCoist, Paul Jewell, Billy Davies...........

no Igor there I notice

At this stage, put a quid on Igor and he'd be second-favourite.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

If ever Billy manages us again, then I will stand on the centre spot, drop me keks and have a crap on Rammies head during half-time...

Seriously, where do they get some of those names from?    

People asking for odds and making bets.

45 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I have a relative who has been doing some building work at a DCFC employees house and last week prior to the Preston game, he told my relative that Clement was on the way out and Derby had Harry Redknapp lined up! I completely dismissed this as mischief making at the time given what Mel had said at the forum about not sacking Clement, and hope it still is,  about Redknapp coming

Right I'm getting a shirt with kranjcar printed on it right now! ? would be a terrible appointment let's be fair

Only 2 bookies have a market at the moment (SkyBet & Ladbrokes) so here's the current best prices of those who appear on the list for both bookies... (first number SB, second number LB)

David Moyes - 4/1 | 4/1

Gary Rowett - 6/1 | 4/1

Nigel Pearson - 3/1 | 6/1

Brendan Rodgers - 8/1 | 6/1

Garry Monk - 10/1 | 3/1

Kevin Phillips - 10/1 | 8/1

Darren Wassall - 12/1 | 10/1

Tim "I'm linked to every job" Sherwood - 16/1 | 10/1

Put a tenner on Moyes at 8/1 but i think it would be more likely to be Pearson and i think that would be  a good appointment. Pearson might be a bit crazy but he knows how to build a team to get to the prem and that is key. Sure there will be a lot of managers queueing up for the job though

49 minutes ago, Lawson said:

Put a tenner on Moyes at 8/1 but i think it would be more likely to be Pearson and i think that would be  a good appointment. Pearson might be a bit crazy but he knows how to build a team to get to the prem and that is key. Sure there will be a lot of managers queueing up for the job though

As per the mm interview his prime objective has to be building a team to play the "right way".

Once that's ticked off then it's how to get that team promoted. 

Me, i want a disciplinarian, one who hardly ever says a word, controls with his eyes.  i see it now  Someone who will terrify everyone and players will be too busy appeasing the man to worry about if he has the team selection and tactics to their liking and even we here on the forum will be minding our p's and q's.  i see power workouts, i see a naughty corner, i see Keogh loving this guy. i see a statue in the making, a big one of the big guy wrapping one arm around Mel seated on his knee and in the other hand brandishing a bullwhip with Mel and him both flashing their broadest grins. 

6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

There is stability outside this forum and even in it .When you started watching the Rams in 1958 this doesn't even come close to some of the **** we've been through.

It's a view KK but there sure isn't stability at the club. And if you don't believe me then listen to Mel's interview on youtube. In 5 minutes he says at least three times that one of the first tasks is to get the club stabilised.

Which is hardly surprising. Players and backroom staff throughout the club will all be feeling concerned about the change - some positively, some not.  The analyst department have lost their boss; the training staff their's; the academy is different.  Some players will be thinking 'I've got another chance here'; others will be wondering if they are on the way out; at least three will be wondering whether they made the right move in coming here in the last few weeks.  All of them have friends, family and mortgages. Chris Baird will be thinking 'I've lost the captaincy and might be losing the chance of playing in an international tournament'

And what about Sam Rush? I thought Mel was Chairman and owner and Sam CEO. I thought Clement reported to Sam. And yet if you listen to Mel's interview HE met with Clement two weeks ago to discuss how Clement was doing against the strategic objectives of the club. It was Mel who wasn't persuaded by what Clement said. The clear inference is that Mel made the decision for Clement to go.  Where does that leave Sam?

I've watched the Rams for about 6 years less than you, for what it's worth.  Like you I've seen managers come and go; I've seen players nearly go on strike and the whole town up in arms; we've seen Derby in the High Court, managers hounded out for poor results and criminals as Chairmen.  Thankfully, along the way we've seen excellent managers and genuinely great and good players play wonderful football and trophies and championships.  It has not all been downhill.

But, at the moment, 'stable' is not an adjective that you can apply to our club. And the match on Saturday has assumed even greater importance.

And I'm not sure that you can apply 'stable' to the forum either. But then that's what makes it a good read, most of the time.

Archived