Dear Uncle Mel, please DON'T undo Sam's hard work.

Mostyn6

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The best thing that Clement can do is get a job with Ancellotti and his reputation is sound. He had a blip as a manager and is a world class no.2 again. 

It is equally obvious that we need to get fully behind Mel. He has spent £100 million. He has done what he thought was best. It is early days in the job. Lessons will be learnt all round. We either go forward supporting the owner, a lifelong Rams fan or we moan about the owner. Get real everyone. It was not stylish football when we were winning and dire when we were not winning. Mel wants more entertaining football etc so we are having another manager. Get over it and hope it works better with another manager and the same owner. It is very unlikely that we will go up this season. We need to stabilise the club. If there are any people who would be better off somewhere else then move them on. MEL IS STAYING.

Yes get behind Mel and the club DCFC 

What is  done is done. 

We move on 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rampage said:

The best thing that Clement can do is get a job with Ancellotti and his reputation is sound. He had a blip as a manager and is a world class no.2 again. 

It is equally obvious that we need to get fully behind Mel. He has spent £100 million. He has done what he thought was best. It is early days in the job. Lessons will be learnt all round. We either go forward supporting the owner, a lifelong Rams fan or we moan about the owner. Get real everyone. It was not stylish football when we were winning and dire when we were not winning. Mel wants more entertaining football etc so we are having another manager. Get over it and hope it works better with another manager and the same owner. It is very unlikely that we will go up this season. We need to stabilise the club. If there are any people who would be better off somewhere else then move them on. MEL IS STAYING.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEEEEE

I'll stick to my wrist-slashing for another few days thanks...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

NNNNNNNOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEEEEE

I'll stick to my wrist-slashing for another few days thanks...

If it's taking you a few days you're doing it wrong. 

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

All this **** happening on Sam Rush's watch eh? Who'd have thought it from a snake oil salesman ex Agent?

Everything going well - its all down to Sam

Everything goes tits up - its nowt to do with Sam.

He's a very highly paid, important part of the decision making structure of the Club and must take some blame for today's shenanigans and the recent signings strategy.

You can't have it both ways.

And he's got a very shiny head and a dodgy goatee.

I mean if you watch the video @Ramosput up then he is portrayed as General Grievous...

open-uri20150608-27674-1empmi4_e1f04d9f.

Have to admit there is some resemblance....

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If only Mel himself had this attitude to learning on the job, we'd have been promoted as champions with attacking style in 2017.

• 7 months later...
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I can't make out what point he's ever trying to make anyway, other than he's one of the many that doesn't like my posts! :lol: 

Clough sacked, millions spent, Rush continental system, millions on wages, 3 years wasted, Rush untouchable...

What is there not to understand?!

The more time passes and more mistakes are made over and over again I do worry about the decisions being made at the club.

We are soooo close to success, a decent managerial appointment and a couple of signings away from being a real success but we seem intent on imploding.

IF the rumours are true regarding Mels meddling, it needs to stop. Maybe Pearsons woeful tactics were partly caused by stubbornness to go against Mels wishes.

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

IMG_2208.JPG

Run out of likes, but I like this. 

I personally still think Mel just needs to understand that apart from hiring the team and setting the budget, at a football club, theres not much more you can do to force first team success.

Like sticking money in the fruit machine, there are buttons to press but fundamentally, its a ride. Banging the fruity isnt going to change it. 

However, its hard to learn to be restrained and trusting to luck with millions of your own hard owned going down the drain. I do get that. 

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mel, go and live in the Bahamas, and leave Sam Rush to run things for 2 years.

He can always get drone coverage

It's generally confuses me how it's 'all Sam's good work'

Hes purely Mels yes man or the go to guy between manger and chairman as is any other chief exec.

It seems by some anything bad gets pinned on Mel atm so any good work like the accademy and training ground development is all Sams idea aswell is it? 

Come on guys we're better than this 

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mel, go and live in the Bahamas, and leave Sam Rush to run things for 2 years.

Yes Mel. Off you go to the Bahamas for a couple of years. And if you could just let Sam Rush spend another 30 to 40 million quid of your money while you’re away then, with any luck, we might still be in the championship when you get back.

32 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Yes Mel. Off you go to the Bahamas for a couple of years. And if you could just let Sam Rush spend another 30 to 40 million quid of your money while you’re away then, with any luck, we might still be in the championship when you get back.

Why is everyone assuming SR knows how to run a successful football club?

49 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It's generally confuses me how it's 'all Sam's good work'

Hes purely Mels yes man or the go to guy between manger and chairman as is any other chief exec.

It seems by some anything bad gets pinned on Mel atm so any good work like the accademy and training ground development is all Sams idea aswell is it? 

Come on guys we're better than this 

Sam Rush was doing what was considered 'good work' before we had heard of Mel Morris.  He was prominent (because that was his job at the time) at a time when the club was showing improvement on the pitch and was very good from a PR perspective (e.g. extending Shaun Barker's contract, regular fan meets).  It is unfair to label this all of Sam Rush's good work I suppose because the owners will have played a part in key decisions.  I think the key point is that Sam Rush was accountable for what he did, Mel Morris is not and therefore - and I steal something I have started to see on here a lot - there are no checks and balances.  Sam Rush reported into people above him and he seemed very good at his job - lets not forget there was rumour we would have him poached by a bigger club.

It may just be that one of Mel Morris's bigger mistakes is suppressing Sam Rush's effectiveness.

Archived