Dear Uncle Mel, please DON'T undo Sam's hard work.

Mostyn6

If it's true that Mel is making ALL the decisions, hiring, firing, signing etc, which in my opinion should be Sam Rush's job, then I'm pretty confident that he'll ruin all the recent good and turn us into a team of big time nobodies with poor structure and disjointed playing and coaching staff.

Sam Rush, in my opinion, was the catalyst for all the reason joy at Derby.

Please Mel, step back and let Sam control things.

I personally didn't want you to throw sausage-loads of money at the club, so cannot be accused of being ungrateful.

I hope this decision to remove Clement was because of the poor football and nothing else.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Sam still has some shares in DCFC. Something like 5% so it's not that easy for him to just go.

He could sell, but then go up to the Premier League they'd probably be worth a few million.

Plus he is probably on circa £400k plus a nice hefty benefit package, and along with all that, his family is up here.

He's probably advertising himself around but for the time being will stay here. I think despite signing a long term contract (What's that worth under Clement) he will be keeping an eye out on other jobs out there. 

I've just got no idea how you could be earning that much money and be a complete puppet.

Why do you call him uncle mel?

Surely it should be His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal, Dada, Lord Of All the Beasts. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

If it's true that Mel is making ALL the decisions, hiring, firing, signing etc, which in my opinion should be Sam Rush's job, then I'm pretty confident that he'll ruin all the recent good and turn us into a team of big time nobodies with poor structure and disjointed playing and coaching staff.

I personally didn't want you to throw sausage-loads of money at the club, so cannot be accused of being ungrateful.

I hope this decision to remove Clement was because of the poor football and nothing else.

Hard successful business man, clearly wants Derby success using the methods he's used to make his fortune. Sorry Mel it doesn't work quite like that if you want to get out of the Championship.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

All this **** happening on Sam Rush's watch eh? Who'd have thought it from a snake oil salesman ex Agent?

Everything going well - its all down to Sam

Everything goes tits up - its nowt to do with Sam.

He's a very highly paid, important part of the decision making structure of the Club and must take some blame for today's shenanigans and the recent signings strategy.

You can't have it both ways.

And he's got a very shiny head and a dodgy goatee.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

All this **** happening on Sam Rush's watch eh? Who'd have thought it from a snake oil salesman ex Agent?

Everything going well - its all down to Sam

Everything goes tits up - its nowt to do with Sam.

He's a very highly paid, important part of the decision making structure of the Club and must take some blame for today's shenanigans and the recent signings strategy.

You can't have it both ways.

And he's got a very shiny head and a dodgy goatee.

the last time I heard snake oil salesman with reference to a DCFC employee it was regarding Tim Glick.

If the players had turned off for some reason, how could we expect Blackman or Camara to play well? There must have been words spoken and some blame apportioning in conversations. At some point someone had to take the fall. Clement would be well advised to say as little as possible. We know that he tried his best.

33 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If the players had turned off for some reason, how could we expect Blackman or Camara to play well? There must have been words spoken and some blame apportioning in conversations. At some point someone had to take the fall. Clement would be well advised to say as little as possible. We know that he tried his best.

****** to that,

if i was PC i'd blab everything. I suspect that if he does join ancelotti in the summer that derby might only end up paying him 6 months salary. Its important for his own reputation that he tells his story about who makes the signings, the extent of any interference, the truth about the rant, the relationship with the players etc etc. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

****** to that,

if i was PC i'd blab everything. I suspect that if he does join ancelotti in the summer that derby might only end up paying him 6 months salary. Its important for his own reputation that he tells his story about who makes the signings, the extent of any interference, the truth about the rant, the relationship with the players etc etc. 

The best thing that Clement can do is get a job with Ancellotti and his reputation is sound. He had a blip as a manager and is a world class no.2 again. 

It is equally obvious that we need to get fully behind Mel. He has spent £100 million. He has done what he thought was best. It is early days in the job. Lessons will be learnt all round. We either go forward supporting the owner, a lifelong Rams fan or we moan about the owner. Get real everyone. It was not stylish football when we were winning and dire when we were not winning. Mel wants more entertaining football etc so we are having another manager. Get over it and hope it works better with another manager and the same owner. It is very unlikely that we will go up this season. We need to stabilise the club. If there are any people who would be better off somewhere else then move them on. MEL IS STAYING.

Archived