Who next?

Sparkle

Well there we have it who will be next for the Rams?

we are one of the most attractive clubs in England for any manager - club, history,supporters,facilities and during this time period money!

also 5th in the league 

who wants it? Lots currently available (let's assume we are actively looking)

moyes, Pearson, monk, (even the ex Chelsea guy!)

i would have gone previously for warburton due to his attacking intent but hay ho

discuss 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well there we have it who will be next for the Rams?

we are one of the most attractive clubs in England for any manager - club, history,supporters,facilities and during this time period money!

also 5th in the league 

who wants it? Lots currently available (let's assume we are actively looking)

moyes, Pearson, monk, (even the ex Chelsea guy!)

i would have gone previously for warburton due to his attacking intent but hay ho

discuss 

You forgot to mention the pull of having a boss who doesn't tolerate failure or you're through the trapdoor, that would put a lot of would be suitors off

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Brendan Rodgers, his style of play suits our style of play over the previous few seasons. 

Do you really think he'd drop down a league? He was a CL manager two seasons ago.

Apparently Monk poisoned his relationship with players and the players complained to Huw Jenkins, so would be a silly mistake to do that again.

I think it'd be a manager from overseas no ones heard before. Hope it works out like Pochettino, Jokanovic, Alex Neil etc

Wassall until the end of the season by the looks of it, unless MM goes back on that too.

Would be interesting if Wassall does well. If he got us up he would have to get the job, although I think Mel will now want a proven guy in instead.

I really don't know who I would go for next season. There's a lot I would be happy with but I'm not sure who we will be likely to go for. I fully expect to be in the Championship next season though. I feel MM has decided this season is a write-off. Cut our losses and wait. He wouldn't give Wassall the job with the full intention of promotion.

It rules out the likes of Moyes, Rodgers imo. They'll want PL jobs. Possibly Rowett, possibly Warburton. Who knows.

When Tommy Docherty came to Derby as manager I vowed never to go whilst he was in charge ,

I feel the same way now regarding Nigel Pearson,I can`t believe his name has been mentioned,he is a RAVING LUNATIC !

If he does come as the next manager I won`t be attending any more matches.

Potentially a season ticket up for Grabs!

2 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

When Tommy Docherty came to Derby as manager I vowed never to go whilst he was in charge ,

I feel the same way now regarding Nigel Pearson,I can`t believe his name has been mentioned,he is a RAVING LUNATIC !

If he does come as the next manager I won`t be attending any more matches.

I know the person he called an ostrich. It was a fair call.

9 minutes ago, Shang said:

Do you really think he'd drop down a league? He was a CL manager two seasons ago.

Apparently Monk poisoned his relationship with players and the players complained to Huw Jenkins, so would be a silly mistake to do that again.

I think it'd be a manager from overseas no ones heard before. Hope it works out like Pochettino, Jokanovic, Alex Neil etc

Brendan Rodgers is out of work so not really dropping down or going up a league TBF.  

This Wassall appointment is plain embarrassing, hope we don't keep him in place any longer than a week. 

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Wassall until the end of the season by the looks of it, unless MM goes back on that too.

Would be interesting if Wassall does well. If he got us up he would have to get the job, although I think Mel will now want a proven guy in instead.

I really don't know who I would go for next season. There's a lot I would be happy with but I'm not sure who we will be likely to go for. I fully expect to be in the Championship next season though. I feel MM has decided this season is a write-off. Cut our losses and wait. He wouldn't give Wassall the job with the full intention of promotion.

It rules out the likes of Moyes, Rodgers imo. They'll want PL jobs. Possibly Rowett, possibly Warburton. Who knows.

Swansea said the same about Curtis in a way to make the players commit themselves to him before the manager came in. A way to stop speculation from distracting the players.

It'll be Pearson, because a few idiots on Twitter and dcfcfans have asked for him, and that's how Mel is running this club.

If I started a petition for a cardboard cut-out to play in goal and it got a few signatures, Mel 'messiah complex' Morris would probably implement it believing he's acting on the will of the fans.

Archived