Shotton to Birmingham

CornwallRam

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/birmingham-line-up-derby-defender-shotton

Birmingham City are lining up a move for Derby County defender Ryan Shotton, sources have told TEAMtalk.com.

Shotton has seen his first-team opportunities at Derby limited this season, making just six appearances in the Championship so far this term.

The 27-year-old initially joined Derby on loan from Stoke in the summer of 2014 before making the move permanent the following January.

Shotton made 27 appearances and scored two goals during his first season at Derby, but he has dropped down the pecking order under Paul Clement this term.

Clement is thought to be open to the idea of letting Shotton go out on loan in search of regular first-team football with Cyrus Christie first-choice right-back at the iPro Stadium.

Birmingham boss Gary Rowett is a big fan of Shotton and he sees his versatility as a key addition to his plans as he looks to maintain his side’s push for promotion.

--------

Seems unlikely as Rowett seems to know what he's doing, but we can live in hope.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton is another player who does not really fit the team, he's not as good as the other CB's and he's not the type of RB we need.

He seems a decent lad so good luck to him, hopefully he does well and earns himself a permanent deal which would suit him and us. 

Out of interest when does Rawson return? Does that leave Bucko and Baird as the cover for CB? I suppose Jake the CB overlord so it's all good. 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Shotton is another player who does not really fit the team, he's not as good as the other CB's and he's not the type of RB we need.

He seems a decent lad so good luck to him, hopefully he does well and earns himself a permanent deal which would suit him and us. 

Out of interest when does Rawson return? Does that leave Bucko and Baird as the cover for CB? I suppose Jake the CB overlord so it's all good. 

Rawson extended his youth loan till the summer. But there's a recall option. I remember Owen Bradley saying there's no recall option for Pearce, so I'd assume Shotton would be the same? 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

seems odd derby would let both shotton and pearce go, as it leaves Buxton to cover both defenders

I believe Rawson can be recalled if needed. Buxton, Rawson and can Hanson cover that area (not sure on that) is adequate cover imo.

Archived