Tom Huddlestone

RedSox

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Not sure about Tommy H now (my heart says yes please... my head says hell no...) but that line is just daft dude... Rooney is still a solid Premier League player... Arguably one of the top end players... 

I'm guessing you didn't see Jamie Carragher talk about the reason Rooney having a huge dip in form.  He said that because he started playing at 16 he has played professionally in the first team for as long as someone who breaks through at 20/21 and retires at 35. The fact he is having a dip is nothing to do with form and the fact his body is tiring.

My comparison was the fact that could this same thing be happening to Huddlestone?

i haven't a bloody clue why that makes my post daft, Dude.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I have seen Hull this season I think they are quite direct and that doesn't suit Tom. His range of passing is still great and he may be declining body wise but you wouldn't think that would make any difference with him as he has never had any pace. He will get a move and do ok as he is a good player, just time for him to move on.

PS I don't think we should sign him as we have plenty of cover in midfield

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm guessing you didn't see Jamie Carragher talk about the reason Rooney having a huge dip in form.  He said that because he started playing at 16 he has played professionally in the first team for as long as someone who breaks through at 20/21 and retires at 35. The fact he is having a dip is nothing to do with form and the fact his body is tiring.

My comparison was the fact that could this same thing be happening to Huddlestone?

i haven't a bloody clue why that makes my post daft, Dude.

I didn't see that... I don't have Sky so rarely see Carragher... And don't have a huge amount of time for him anyway... Don't buy what he says most of the time... I'd also suggest that people like Beckham and Giggs would disprove his theory...

I just think it's a bit daft to suggest that a guy who is still the focal point of a team which is 5th in the Premier League is somehow in 'severe' decline... Maybe he's lost half a yard vs a few years ago... But 'severe' decline for me is much more than that...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I didn't see that... I don't have Sky so rarely see Carragher... And don't have a huge amount of time for him anyway... Don't buy what he says most of the time... I'd also suggest that people like Beckham and Giggs would disprove his theory...

I just think it's a bit daft to suggest that a guy who is still the focal point of a team which is 5th in the Premier League is somehow in 'severe' decline... Maybe he's lost half a yard vs a few years ago... But 'severe' decline for me is much more than that...

Each player is different though, and I guess it's a fair assumption given his frame. Players like Giggs and Beckham has a much different physique.

There was a conversation on Saturday between ex professional players, not including Carragher, who were discussing the very real prospect that Rooney could lose his England place due to his continuially declining form. I can't say I agree with him being dropped, but then I'm no expert.

It is still a valid comparison, two players hitting 30, both started early, both no longer hitting the heights that we came to expect.

I agree huddlestones decline is a bit more drastic, but still a valid comparison.

Pluss rumour has it our Tom has a bigger chopper than Rooney, so our Tom has more weight to drag about.

He's so overrated by Rams fans. He's not been good for ages. He's lazy defensively, he's slow offensively. He chucks out the odd Hollywood pass and occasionally (when he eventually leaves the center circle) he hits the odd rocket at goal. 

He wouldn't get in our team. 

Think it might be partly down to his early debut, but I'm convinced he doesn't look after himself as well as he should. He often starts brightly, then fades away, and a lot of his decision making is due to the fact he tires so easily. But he plays a lot of games where he looks useless from start to finish - just ask Hull Roar Grrr Tigers AFC City United fans.

Contrast him with Weimann, who is way short on natural ability compared to Huddleston, but you can tell really looks after himself. Obviously some players have more natural fitness than others, but you can spot a player who can tell he's lucky and does everything he can to remain that way.

Huddlestone definitely isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, CaverRam said:

If you think we should sign him then I propose we go for Nigel Callaghan too. He was really good for us when I last saw him. I'm sure he's not put on any weight or slowed down or generally not up to it anymore just like this porky pedestrian.

Jebus wept.

he's still in the Pick Cocunut

I seem to remember him playing CB a lot for us, a good reader of the game with a keen eye for a pass. When he left us i hoped he would go on to great things, he certainly had the talent, but i wondered about his lack of workrate and willingness to put in a shift for the cause on a regular basis. He is a midfielder that is good only going forward imo, so im calling lazy journalism, lazy player. Also he can't have burnout like Rooney because Tom has spent half his career on the bench.

Thought we was told that no more signings unless we pick up injuries?

Even if Thorne is out we still have Johnson, Baird, Hanson that can all cover that position. 

Just can't see us bringing in yet another midfielder unless FL rules change allowing us to put a team of 15 out

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Thought we was told that no more signings unless we pick up injuries?

Even if Thorne is out we still have Johnson, Baird, Hanson that can all cover that position. 

Just can't see us bringing in yet another midfielder unless FL rules change allowing us to put a team of 15 out

We were told no more signings after Shackell.

There's a lot of smoke for there to be absolutely no fire with Olsson too.

Highly doubt there's anything in this rumour, but I don't think we're done this window just because the club says they are. This isn't the days of Nigel Clough when the manager almost used to think aloud when Nicholson got his notepad out.

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We were told no more signings after Shackell.

There's a lot of smoke for there to be absolutely no fire with Olsson too.

Highly doubt there's anything in this rumour, but I don't think we're done this window just because the club says they are. This isn't the days of Nigel Clough when the manager almost used to think aloud when Nicholson got his notepad out.

Where's all the smoke? Nixon has mentioned a bid for Olsson, TalkShite say we're in for Huddlestone.....not much smoke

We're the Championship top spenders, easy to link us with players, would absolutely love McGeady here but Ince, Camara, Russell, Weimann, Blackman. Another wide player really?

Gibson? Again totally stacked out in CM with Bryson back as well.

O'Dowda would be a U21's player, wouldn't rule that out but I honestly can't see any more first team players coming in.

In June TalkShite linked Huddlestone with a £5m move to Bournemouth, 3 days later they claimed he was joining Villa.....

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Where's all the smoke? Nixon has mentioned a bid for Olsson, TalkShite say we're in for Huddlestone.....not much smoke

Difference is, all of those are links apart from Olsson. It's one thing to say "monitoring/interested in" etc, or to say we've bid for an unnamed player, but it's quite another to say we've actually bid X amount for a specific player. Together with the fact his name's been mentioned before, I think we're after him.

Point is, even though we might not sign anyone else this window, I highly doubt Sam Rush is sat at his desk playing Candy Crush. Inquiries will be made, bids will be registered, and a player might even join.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Each player is different though, and I guess it's a fair assumption given his frame. Players like Giggs and Beckham has a much different physique.

Giggs was very protected by manure and this was for me the reason why he had a long and successful playing career.  we threw Huddlestone in at the deep ends game after game.  I remember a Chelsea friend of mine saying it would shorten his efectiveness

Archived