Tom Huddlestone

RedSox

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way that this might happen is if Thorne's injury is more serious than has been reported. If, god forbid, George happened to be out for three months, then signing Huddelstone even if only on loan, would make a lot of sense. If George is OK then we really don't need Tom.

I thought he would be mid thirties but was surprised to see he is only 29.

Hull fans seem to think he is past it now, is this another case of a player starting young in his career, playing at 15 but his career severely declining by the time he is 30, just like Mr Rooney.

When I say career, they still play footy and pull in a nice wage, but their footballing ability appears to escape them. 

If you think we should sign him then I propose we go for Nigel Callaghan too. He was really good for us when I last saw him. I'm sure he's not put on any weight or slowed down or generally not up to it anymore just like this porky pedestrian.

Jebus wept.

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I thought he would be mid thirties but was surprised to see he is only 29.

Hull fans seem to think he is past it now, is this another case of a player starting young in his career, playing at 15 but his career severely declining by the time he is 30, just like Mr Rooney.

When I say career, they still play footy and pull in a nice wage, but their footballing ability appears to escape them. 

Not sure about Tommy H now (my heart says yes please... my head says hell no...) but that line is just daft dude... Rooney is still a solid Premier League player... Arguably one of the top end players... 

9 minutes ago, CaverRam said:

If you think we should sign him then I propose we go for Nigel Callaghan too. He was really good for us when I last saw him. I'm sure he's not put on any weight or slowed down or generally not up to it anymore just like this porky pedestrian.

Jebus wept.

Now, now!  I happen to agree with you but just stating PC isn't stupid and would only pursue him if he felt he would add something to the team.  Can't see it myself.

Archived