Alex Pearce to be loaned out?

admira

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the whole Pearce scenario there's always felt like there's been a disconnect. When he first signed it honestly felt like a pivotal signing to bring more steel to our backline, but in actual fact had we managed to sign Shakell first Pearce may not have even been signed in the first place. It always felt like a move made in the middle of a lot of transition on and off the pitch.

In time I believe that the signings made before Clement was officially unveiled as manager will prove to be quite questionable. 

Just exactly how much value have we had out of Bent, Pearce, and Baird? 

How much of a say did Clement as a rookie manager have in telling the board, look chaps these are the guys I want? For my reckoning the board wanted to avoid at all cost the dangers of a small squad and started buying before the manager could fully assess what he needed and what system he wanted to play. 

Truth be told, quite a few of the fringe players have good reason to feel aggrieved. 

But heh, ten years ago Darren Moore was our first cash signing in well over a season. Before Big Dave we had Mo Konjic limping about and before that the likes of Tomasz Hajto, Dave Walton and Darren Powell. 

We're just very fortunate that we've been able to afford this luxury of buying more than we need. Let's just hope that in the long run it's not more than we can afford. 

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bryson?     ?

No, I see Bryson as pivotal. Was thinking more along the lines of Dawkins, Shotton, Roos, Hanson (who I'm a big fan of by the way, but might suit him to get games before the end of the season, which I doubt he will here if everyone else is fit), maybe Bucko but it would pain me too much to suggest it properly!

Sith Happens
13 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

perhaps  everyone expected keogh to leave?

i didnt, but didnt expect him to be in the team as much as he has been, revelation this season.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

i didnt, but didnt expect him to be in the team as much as he has been, revelation this season.

I think that establishing himself as an international footballer on merit, on the back of some fantastic performances against Germany and Poland, has given him a huge boost in confidence. He really was pivotal in Ireland making it to Euro 2016.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know we will never know the truth, but I have a feeling something went off behind the scenes involving Pearce. I'd heard a rumour, but it was too crazy to believe.

Ohhh nice and cryptic! Gissa clue! Does it involve coffee being knocked over in the dressing room? No wait, that's been done. 

I think it was Alex Pearce in the study with the lead pipe.

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know we will never know the truth, but I have a feeling something went off behind the scenes involving Pearce. I'd heard a rumour, but it was too crazy to believe.

It is quite hard to believe that it's purely down to football reasons when Shotton often makes the bench but Pearce doesn't

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I heard something similar too that was ridiculous when I first heard it but looking back it may not seem ridiculous. Was the rumour you heard to do with afternoon sleeping sessions after training?

43 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I heard something similar too that was ridiculous when I first heard it but looking back it may not seem ridiculous. Was the rumour you heard to do with afternoon sleeping sessions after training?

Honestly it was exactly that same rumour.

I heard he introduced afternoon naps after morning training and lunch.

Pearce was having none of it and they fell out over it.

It is such a ridiculous rumour that it could only ever happen at Derby. Clement will have been used to afternoon naps at Madrid. If it is true I wouldn't blame Pearce in the slightest.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Honestly it was exactly that same rumour.

I heard he introduced afternoon naps after morning training and lunch.

Pearce was having none of it and they fell out over it.

It is such a ridiculous rumour that it could only ever happen at Derby. Clement will have been used to afternoon naps at Madrid. If it is true I wouldn't blame Pearce in the slightest.

You wouldn't blame Pearce for not doing something his manager told him to do?

I mean each to their own but if my manager asks me to do something which he believes is beneficial to me as a worker I'm gonna do it... even if I think it's daft...

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

He needs to remember to wake them up before match day.

Really? Spank my ass and call me a bitch, it will make you feel great ;)

Apologies for being ridiculously over the top and comparing football with the rise of the German empire, but that is why Germany almost conquered Europe, because no one had the back bone to say to Hitler "although we know you mean well, don't you think your going a tad far with the whole invasion stuff"

Just because they are in charge, doesn't make them right. 

If my boss told me at work to go for a nap I'd......to be fair I'd probably snap his hand off, but that's not the point. 

Archived