Ross Mccormack

ColchesterRam

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whilst an accomplished player at this level, I'm not sure how and where, and if, he'd fit in and what we'd have to disrupt to fit him in.

It's a myth that we are struggling, and the league proves this, so we don't actually need to change things, and whilst Martin isn't scoring freely, he is contributing to team victories.

Those people that suggest Martin's absence last season knocked the wheels off our campaign, and in the next breath said Bent, in spite of his goals, doesn't contribute enough 'defensively', appear to be the same saying Martin should be replaced, for the purposes of replacing him with someone who does the same thing Bent did last season!

I would have thought it's more likely Dembele goes to Prem and McCormack stays until summer at least. Unless Dembele goes and is loaned back. 

I'd would have thought Boro would be more of an attractive move for him unless we're going to change formation. 

If they get him though they've won the league IMO. 

What is this fascination with a 29 year old so so player? Whats the big deal with him? I rate him as bang average for the championship if that. 11m is absolutely ridiculous.... afobe is heaps and bounds more worthwhile, and more value for money, mccormack would be if signed, back up at best for the prem, i wouldnt pay more than 4m odd for him and thats the max. Many many players that are better than him that we can get. Big definate thumbs down. Let boro waste the bit of cash they have on him.

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

What is this fascination with a 29 year old so so player? Whats the big deal with him? I rate him as bang average for the championship if that. 11m is absolutely ridiculous.... afobe is heaps and bounds more worthwhile, and more value for money, mccormack would be if signed, back up at best for the prem, i wouldnt pay more than 4m odd for him and thats the max. Many many players that are better than him that we can get. Big definate thumbs down. Let boro waste the bit of cash they have on him.

If you think McCormack is bang average for the championship, you either have not seen much of McCormack or you know sweet F.A. about football. Whether he is worth £4m or £11m is a debate worth having, but not today.

Hes an excellent player at this level. Hes got 15 goals already this season in a poor side.

But he is unproven in the prem and is almost 30. 

Talksport have Newcastle, Norwich and Derby in for Dwight Gayle. 

They accepted £6 million in the summer for him, so wouldnt expect us to pay more than that, maybe even less.

I personally think he would represnt better value for money than McCormack. 

Since Sunday we have been linked with Afobe, McCormack and Gayle. 

We arent signing all 3, thats for sure. But if you chuck enough names out there, one of them is bound to get it right. 

Fulham paid £11m for him, you would think they would want a good chunk of that back with how valuable he is to them. For a player that is turning 30 this year I can't help but feel there would be much better options out there. Bris keeps telling us about the value to be had abroad, my money would be on a striker nobody has ever heard of like Camara, a player that has even the hipsters reaching for their PS4 controller to check his stats on FIFA 16 yet Clement knows all about and has put forward to whoever says yes or no now.

Journalist goes into office, checks Championship top goalscorer, Derby are interested. Blackman, Afobe, Austin, McCormack, Rhodes all linked, it's really lazy. 

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

15 goals this season, if that's average then I don't know what is good. 13 in 24 championship games for a side in midtable.

Highest scorers in the league though, position irrelevant. They still attack - just can't defend.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Highest scorers in the league though, position irrelevant. They still attack - just can't defend.

Which shows how good he is, highest scoring team in the league and he plays every game. Must be doing something right yeah?

Well well well, looks who's joint second for assists: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/24/statistics/assists

Just the cheeky 6 assists to go with the 13 goals :)

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If you think McCormack is bang average for the championship, you either have not seen much of McCormack or you know sweet F.A. about football. Whether he is worth £4m or £11m is a debate worth having, but not today.

Know quite alot about football tbh and the championship, he had 1 good season at leeds and 1 half decent season last year.... he is 29.... wheres he been and whats ge done the rest of his career? Imo he is not in the top 5-6 strikers in this league both value wise and goals potential wise, so being outside that bracket for me he falls into the average category. There is a reason why he is 29 and not played in the premier league or cant get in the scotland team ahead of martin and the absolutely dire fletcher. 

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Which shows how good he is, highest scoring team in the league and he plays every game. Must be doing something right yeah?

Well well well, looks who's joint second for assists: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/24/statistics/assists

Just the cheeky 6 assists to go with the 13 goals :)

You'll only find the odd moron arguing isn't an extremely good Championship player.

But as I said, at 29 and for £11m... this league is probably his ceiling - unless he wants to look even more like Commons and go and play for Celtic.

Just now, Srg said:

You'll only find the odd moron arguing isn't an extremely good Championship player.

But as I said, at 29 and for £11m... this league is probably his ceiling - unless he wants to look even more like Commons and go and play for Celtic.

11m is too much I agree, I think 6-8m is the right fee. I'd be shocked if we spent 11m, in fact I don't think we would anyway.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

11m is too much I agree, I think 6-8m is the right fee. I'd be shocked if we spent 11m, in fact I don't think we would anyway.

I wouldn't spend even that on him as I think you could get a couple of players to improve the whole squad at least for that, and in addition to that, I don't think they'd accept it either.

Archived