Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

Derby County have joined the chase for Oxford United starlet Callum O’Dowda, sources have told TEAMtalk.com.

O’Dowda is regarded as one of the best young prospects in the lower leagues after impressing for Oxford over the last 18 months.

The 20-year-old has caught the eye this season with four goals in seven assists and his performances have alerted clubs higher up the football pyramid.

Scouts from Premier League and Championship clubs have been regular visitors to the Kassam Stadium to cast an eye over the exciting attacker.

However, Derby are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by making a move for O’Dowda when the transfer window reopens in January.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international came through the ranks at Oxford and has already made over 80 appearances for the first-team since making his debut in the 2013/14 season.

Oxford are bracing themselves for interest in O’Dowda in the New Year and are battling to keep hold of their prize asset as they look to maintain their bid for promotion from League Two this season.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-derby-aim-to-beat-rivals-to-oxford-starlet-odowda?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Begorrah, he could be ours, a week tomorrah. 

That's enough of these feckin' racial stereotypes. I don't mind a bit of crack but quoting Darby O'Gill and the little people is way over the top to be sure, to be sure. Cool name though... Callum O'Dowda...should sign him for that alone.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hello, Hello, O'Dowda do

We are Derby, who are you....

its a work in progress but i'm claiming copyright.....

Wasting your time, it'll be Callum O Dowda, to the tune of (insert name here) for England.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not entirely sure he's English. 

He's Irish.

I just had a quick nosey on their forum and one user said this:

"Got a fair few Irish players in their ranks already. Would probably boost his chances of looking at the full Irish squad for Euro 2016 if anything was go come of their interest."

Very ambitious to think he has a chance at the Euro 2016 squad. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

He must know half the Derby team as they play for ROI! We must have the edge as we can mentor him with the older Irish professionals that we have here without any O'Dowda whatsoever.

Yeah, like the saintly Jeff Hendrick ?

I've just watched a highlights video of him. Could be a fantastic signing. Very skillfull, seems to have an extra yard on anybody defending against him, and has a good shot. Seems to also have a fair amount of confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived