good respounce

B4ev6is

Well today the lads came back and

Got a very good 3 points today and we needed that win to get that red scum game out of the lads heads.

But for me tom ince does not seem the same player he was last season he seems low on confordance right now. I dont know if he feels cornfortable playing In that position. I do think he would be happier playing that role will huges used to play in. Or sitting in just behinde the front two or just behind chris martin. But once russle came we seemed a lot better he made things happen and craig bryson also added some bite to our midfield he links up well with chris martin. But thorn took his goal really well with a excenlt move leading upto that goal. But the 2nd goal was even better we are showing we can go on another long unbeaten run again. Andrew weiman is getting better with every game he plays in. 

Our defance was once again rock solid at the back keogh once again a beast and get everything not letting players turn him as easy. Shackall showed his leadership skills once again but only my only concen is cyrus christie who was hobbleing off when bird came on in his place but for me still far to slow and could have cost us again. Warnok had a good game today but just for me we are missing craig forsigh with his speed and his crossing abilties. Scott carson did not have much to today but when called apion he did his job really well.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes warnock played well, george thorne had a good game too, seemed to get better as the game went on.

Bit of an off day i thought for Bradley Johnson and Tom Ince, was convinced we were going 1-0 down but great save from carson. Seemed to me we won without really getting out of 2nd gear, if we want something from friday the performance will have to be much better.

The good thing for me is we can actually win a game comfortably without being at the top of our game, no way would we have done this a few years back. Still think this team has no way near reached its potential and is still developing, i really do have a feeling its going to remain tight in the top 5 until christmas then a couple of teams will break away and we will be one of them.

was a weird atmosphere too, so quiet, almost like the cold caught us all out and no one wanted to be there. Floods of people leaving with 5 minutes to go.....all a bit odd, that must rub off on the players.

56 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

was a weird atmosphere too, so quiet, almost like the cold caught us all out and no one wanted to be there. Floods of people leaving with 5 minutes to go.....all a bit odd, that must rub off on the players.

Sounds a bit silly... But I think recent events played a part in that....

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

craig bryson also added some bite to our midfield

Andrew weiman is getting better with every game he plays in. 

keogh once again a beast and get everything not letting players turn him as easy.

when bird came on in his place but for me still far to slow and could have cost us again.

Warnok had a good game today but just for me we are missing craig forsigh with his speed and his crossing abilties. 

• Didnt see any bite from Bryson, he just ran around making a few simple passes with Russell. I think Clement leaves his subs a bit late so anyone coming off the bench has a hard time getting into a game.
  • Weimann is class, too good for this league, his pace and desire to chase ever ball makes a real difference. Being a defender and playing with him and Russell on either wing must be a nightmare. Never understood the criticism Weimann got over the first few appearances, clearly a confidence player who needed a run in the team, same with Bent, you are never going to look good coming on for 5 mins here and there - comes back to the late subs thing too.
  • Sorry didnt see Keogh being a beast either, Kenwyne Jones is the type of player Keogh hates playing against, he always loses out and makes silly mistakes when faced with a big strong forward. Was at least 3 mistakes in the first half that could of cost us if Cardiff were actually any good in front of goal.
  • Come on! What did Baird do wrong? Nothing. The crap people spout about him is unjust. Yes he isnt a marauding fullback like Forsyth or Christie but he does a job and he does it well. I much prefer a 'Steady Eddie' that is consistently average in his match ratings than someone who has high weeks and low weeks.
  • Warnock is another like Baird, written off despite never actually doing anything to deserve it. He has shown over the last three games that he is more than good enough to be in the team. Forsyth hasnt got any crossing ability I am afraid, same with Christie, they both over hit the majority of their crosses, with our play they should be hitting the ball low and fast across the six yard line, not lofting it up over the area where the likes of Martin get crowded out of headers. Warnock actually has a far better cross on him than any of the other fullbacks.

39 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:
26 minutes ago, RicME85 said:
  • Clement leaves his subs a bit late so anyone coming off the bench has a hard time getting into a game.
  • Weimann is class, too good for this league, his pace and desire to chase ever ball makes a real difference. Being a defender and playing with him and Russell on either wing must be a nightmare. Never understood the criticism Weimann got over the first few appearances, clearly a confidence player who needed a run in the team, same with Bent, you are never going to look good coming on for 5 mins here and there - comes back to the late subs thing too.
  • Sorry didnt see Keogh being a beast either, Kenwyne Jones is the type of player Keogh hates playing against, he always loses out and makes silly mistakes when faced with a big strong forward. Was at least 3 mistakes in the first half that could of cost us if Cardiff were actually any good in front of goal.
  • Come on! What did Baird do wrong? Nothing. The crap people spout about him is unjust. Yes he isnt a marauding fullback like Forsyth or Christie but he does a job and he does it well. I much prefer a 'Steady Eddie' that is consistently average in his match ratings than someone who has high weeks and low weeks.
  • Warnock is another like Baird, written off despite never actually doing anything to deserve it. He has shown over the last three games that he is more than good enough to be in the team. Forsyth hasnt got any crossing ability I am afraid, same with Christie, they both over hit the majority of their crosses, with our play they should be hitting the ball low and fast across the six yard line, not lofting it up over the area where the likes of Martin get crowded out of headers. Warnock actually has a far better cross on him than any of the other fullbacks.

I think keogh has been much improved this season, but agree, if he was to make the same sort of mistakes in Friday it will cost us.

Agree baird did nothing wrong - i think he is still paying for what happened when he gestured at the crowd.

Archived