On to Hull fri.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies.

Just reading your muses with interest.

Firstly, pubs shouldn't be a problem, we're usually a friendly lot unless you're arsy or looking for a rumble (like The Smoggies were.....the moaning tw@ts!).  Plenty of good pubs in town, particularly in the Old Town for those who have more time.  Try Ye Old White Heart, The Black Boy, The Minerva (on the Humber Quayside), The Corn Exchange, The Mission.  Closer to the ground the Brickmakers is down Walton Street and is the closest and there's Pearsons down Princes Ave which usually has both sets of fans on match days and serves a very nice pint of Timmy Taylors.  I would advise staying clear of any pubs on Anlaby Road though as they can be unpredictable!!  Oh and do try the Carvers Patty Chips and Peas in the Old Town, as already mentioned; it is truly Haute Cuisine and has received 3 Michelin Stars!!

If you are driving, my advice would be to use the P & R from Hessle; come in on the M62 and after you drive under the Humber Bridge come off at the next exit and turn left, the P&R is on your right in the Motor Retail Park.  Whatever you do don't park in Walton Street Fairground Car Park right behind the stadium, it's convenient but it will take you at least an hour to get out of afterwards.

Now to football.  Difficult one to call this one, I think a lot depends on who wants it more on the day.  We've lost two of our best players in Robertson and Dawson.  Dawson, whilst a blow because he was in great form, is not that serious because Curtis Davies will come straight back in after injury and he is more than capable at this level.  Robertson is a bigger problem.  We concentrate mainly on wing-play with Odubajo and Elmo down the right and Robertson and Clucas down the left.  The loss of Robbo means we will have to re-shuffle as there is no automatic like for like replacement.  Either Odubajo will move across or Clucas will move back (I suspect the latter).

Hernandez will definitely start. He was rested last weekend after a long trip to Uruguay for International Duty. Diame will play behind him in a free role.  Huddlestone and Livermore will hold in front of the back 4.  If Clucas drops back to LB Aluko or Maloney will go wide left and Odubajo and Elmohamady will be on the right.

Hope Ince plays, it's always nice to see old players return, even the mercenary ones who think they deserve their place in the team by right!  No offence!! :-)

So that's it.  Hope you all arrive and return safely and enjoy your day in ULL (if that's possible without any points, ARF!!).

UTT

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Did you leave the landing light on?

The second best post of the year, well done youngster. 

I just checked, we are totally sold out for Friday, 6 sofa spaces and three bar stools at the kitchen bar all gone, sorry to disappoint anyone, please do not arrive on the day and those with tickets please arrive in plenty of time as congestion will be an issue. 

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I'll be in my mates living room  (there are more than 1 ram in hants).

No half fan me. 4 mile round trip and I supply the beer.

Semi-detached fan?

Any ideas if any unsold tickets will be available as pay on the gate?

Live & work up in Hull and have my other half coming up on Friday evening.

The train is quite tight for her to get in for kickoff so we don't want to buy tickets in advance and then find she doesn't get to Hull in time for kick-off.

For any of those coming up a bit earlier, I'd definitely recommend the old town pubs - they don't fit the stereotype of Hull at all. And Pearsons on the top of Princes Avenue (about 10min walk from the ground) is worth a visit.

Having seen both Derby and Hull a couple of times this season, I'm expecting a good game. Both teams will definitely go for it.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I am going on the roadrider hoping to be there around 6pm mark.

Who's mark? Hope he's got a watch and can tell the time.........anything he likes or what the gate is going to be.......4 foot high and made of wood perhaps!.......So remember kids if your going to this one, don't forget to lock up your horses!

Anyone seen Trigger?

On 23 November 2015 22:09:06, ValeRam said:

Be interesting to see what people say about coming to Derby for a stay-over after the match……...

Bloody brilliant great selection of ales ,reasonable accommodation ,usually stay at Jury hotel ,wonky table restaraunt worth a visit ,great people ,fantastic stadium and can walk the Mrs along the river avoiding all the shops ,purfec

Archived