Super Stephen Warnock

Chris Mills

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warnock and Baird could have a great game, scoring hat tricks and srg would still find it hard to give them credit, the other teams defence were shocking or the keeper was useless.

Been there myself with Robbie Savage, even when he scored I would want to drag him off by his girly hair and chuck him in a car boot, drive him off a cliff.

Takes much more than the odd goal or game to change an opinion set in stone, force feeding humble pie will only leave you covered in crumbs. It's a pie that's best served by yourself for yourself.

p.s I've always stood Warnocks corner but agree with sage, left back is needed. I'm saying that as I've seen nothing of Lowe and Warnock turns 34 next month. Taking a huge risk gambling on him lasting the season and Lowe making the step up. We want promotion, tight at the top, not time for bringing youth through completely untried, send Lowe out on loan before bringing him through.

Well I have always liked him. He had a bad start with the sending off. He does lack pace,  a lot of that has to do with age but he is tidy with the ball, can cross and is brave. Not electric, won't set the world on fire but right now in form he's doing a grand job. Good on you lad

I thought he had a cracking game yesterday and I'm far from being his biggest fan. Before the game started I looked at the team and thought, FFS Warnock is playing. But credit where it is due, he played well and deserves to keep his place for the next game.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

I thought he had a cracking game yesterday and I'm far from being his biggest fan. Before the game started I looked at the team and thought, FFS Warnock is playing. But credit where it is due, he played well and deserves to keep his place for the next game.

Out if interest, given the injuries to Fozzy and Lowe, who were you expecting to take the LB role?

22 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The humble pie that Warnock served up today tastes nice. I hope I'm eating it for the rest of the season. I don't mind being proved wrong and so far he is doing a good job of doing just that. 

I've had my slice, yummie.

Warnock has know how and experience. He also has two very good centre halves, along with George Thorne and Bradley Johnson to do a bit of clearing up for him.Hull is a big match for George. Can he dominate against players with Premiership experience? This game is a reality check for our promotion credentials. A big pity that Johnson is not playing.We will see.

I can't ever see the point of bringing in someone for cover.  Why pay someone a boatload of cash when you have a player doing a job and someone like Baird who can also do a job there - even if it is short term.

The issue of bringing in a player with view to permanent is that the options available to us right now are a lot less than if we achieve promotion.

Therefore, we can have a list of 10 possible loans in the event of an injury and a completely different list of players to buy if we were promoted.

Patrick Roberts? The guy who is a wide forward/striker? :blink:

4 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I can't ever see the point of bringing in someone for cover.  Why pay someone a boatload of cash when you have a player doing a job and someone like Baird who can also do a job there - even if it is short term.

Money isnt an issue because of the player injury insurance the club now has. Forsyth's wages are covered whilst injured (if that is how I remember the insurance working) so you effectively can go out and pay someone the same wage and be no worse off despite having an extra player on the books.

5 hours ago, maydrakin said:

The issue of bringing in a player with view to permanent is that the options available to us right now are a lot less than if we achieve promotion.

Therefore, we can have a list of 10 possible loans in the event of an injury and a completely different list of players to buy if we were promoted.

There are less options, but it is still the best option by far if we can find the right person.

Archived