Next 6

Bris Vegas

6 wins as far as I can see.

These are the sort of teams who will fall into the trap of actually thinking they can try and 'out football' us. Except Forest who will no doubt subject us to the sort of aerial bombardment that hasn't been seen this side of the blitz.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how I see the next 6 games going for us:

Derby 2 QPR 0.

Forest 0  Derby 1.

Derby 2 Cardiff City 1.

Hull City 2 Derby 1.

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Derby 2.

Derby County 1 Brighton 1. 

So I think also around 11 points out of the next 6 games. Would take us up to 38 points which I would be delighted with. Anything more than this total after the Brighton game would be a welcome bonus!

12 hours ago, Whitlams1968 said:

This is how I see the next 6 games going for us:

Derby 2 QPR 0.   ( 1-0)

Forest 0  Derby 1. (1-2)

Derby 2 Cardiff City 1.  (2-0)

Hull City 2 Derby 1.  (1-1)

Sheffield Wednesday 2 Derby 2.  (1-1)

Derby County 1 Brighton 1.  (1-0)

So I think also around 11 points out of the next 6 games. Would take us up to 38 points which I would be delighted with. Anything more than this total after the Brighton game would be a welcome bonus!

MY predictions in brackets, if either of us are right, 11/14 points will see us set for pushing on next year, as i think we might see us move in the transfer market in Jan.......

We are nailed on to win the league..simple as that..we have the deepest and strongest squad which will be vital after xmas..and I fully expect us to strengthen again in January..

Guaranteed top of the table as well if we turn over QPR and Florest..

Yani I hope you are right and admire your optimism. However I remember last season we also had the deepest and strongest squad and were 5 points clear at the top of the Championship and somehow managed to finish 8th. Hoping lightning does not strike twice! I agree with you 100% that we have one of the deepest and strongest squads but look at the strong competition Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley, Brighton, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and us all fighting for a play off place. It is not going to be easy. Three of these teams will be facing disappointment not making the play offs. Hope it is not us but not guaranteed as last year proved. 

If Chelsea can go into mini meltdown, so can Derby County. Something affected team spirit and confidence last year but the players that we have brought in are different. They have either played in the premiership, been promoted or at least not suffered a meltdown. it is not in their psyche. A good win tomorrow ill demolish some fears.

12 hours ago, Yani P said:

We are nailed on to win the league..simple as that..we have the deepest and strongest squad which will be vital after xmas..and I fully expect us to strengthen again in January..

Guaranteed top of the table as well if we turn over QPR and Florest..

Nothing is guaranteed with Derby

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/10/2015 12:52:52, Bris Vegas said:

QPR (H)

Forest (A)

Cardiff (H)

Hull (A)

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Brighton (H)

Some cracking games coming up for us. Five in the top half and a little matter of the EM derby at the dump.

While some could argue that every game in this league is just as difficult, I think it's now getting to the stage where that's becoming a bit of an outdated myth. The top teams are more difficult than the bottom teams.

We've been on a great run, but the next six games are going to be interesting. Is there anyone to fear? They probably now fear Derby just as much. That double header aganst Hull and Wednesday looks particularly nasty.

I can't see us going undefeated through it all. 11 points would suffice.

Would have taken 11 points from the six matches, means getting at least five from the next three.

I'm still pessimistic about our chances away from home. Huddersfield and probably Birmingham aside, I can't recall an away game where we actually looked better than the opposition.

I thought we were fortunate to win at MK Dons, Preston and Reading while we were sluggish at Blackburn and Forest.

I think I'll be pleasantly surprised to see us win either of our next away games. Think we'll beat Brighton though. Four points from next three wouldn't be too bad.

Nobody is 'nailed on' to win the championship...that's just overly enthusiastic fans losing the run of themselves.  We've got a very competitive squad and we have a very realistic chance of promotion this year.  It's actually very difficult to get promoted...we could play well for the most part, but still miss out.

I think it's unfortunate we've got two tricky away games before we get to play Brighton at home, could take the wind out of our sails if we stumble or stall. I highly doubt we'll lose against Hull and Wednesday, but if our next game was Brighton at home I'd be completely confident of winning it, despite their record.

Still think it's very possible we could get 6 or 7 points out of the next 3 games, but I'd be happy with 5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31 October 2015 21:38:28, Inverurie Ram said:

Wednesday could do what Bournemouth did last season, and Reading never leak many goals, so add these to Brighton, Burnley, Boro, Hull and ourselves to be all fighting for the top 6 with Wolves and Brum not being far away.

I'd be happy with draws at both Hull and Wednesday, and 3 out of 4 wins from the other games, 11 points from 18, and as long as the defeat is not against Forest, I'd take that now, so I think we might slip up against Q.P.R. or Cardiff or Brighton, and wouldn't be suprised either if we slip up at either Hull or Wednesday, but I will be chuffed to bits if we come away with more than 11 points from these 6 games.

Q.P.R....3 points

Forest....0 points

Cardiff City.....3 points

Hull City......3 points

Sheff Wed....1 point

Brighton........?

Well a point at home against Brighton will give us 11 points from 18 predicted by Bris, myself and a few others, here's hoping we get all 3 to make 13 out of 18. Come on the Rams make me chuffed to bits!

Archived