Next 6

Bris Vegas

QPR (H)

Forest (A)

Cardiff (H)

Hull (A)

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Brighton (H)

Some cracking games coming up for us. Five in the top half and a little matter of the EM derby at the dump.

While some could argue that every game in this league is just as difficult, I think it's now getting to the stage where that's becoming a bit of an outdated myth. The top teams are more difficult than the bottom teams.

We've been on a great run, but the next six games are going to be interesting. Is there anyone to fear? They probably now fear Derby just as much. That double header aganst Hull and Wednesday looks particularly nasty.

I can't see us going undefeated through it all. 11 points would suffice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're fearing any of those we may as well give up on promotion now, I don't fear any team in this league but doesn't mean we shouldn't under estimate them either.

Tough games, no reason why we should be expecting 3 points from any. Don't be surprised to see our unbeaten run come to an end somewhere in that next 6. 

When it happens, no need to tear into the team, take it on the chin and move on.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

If we're fearing any of those we may as well give up on promotion now, I don't fear any team in this league but doesn't mean we shouldn't under estimate them either.

Tough games, no reason why we should be expecting 3 points from any. Don't be surprised to see our unbeaten run come to an end somewhere in that next 6. 

When it happens, no need to tear into the team, take it on the chin and move on.

Finally, a reasoned response, worth a like.

Yes the next 6 games are interesting,but it's all about us,if we turn up we shall win,we have a great squad and it's getting better all the time,no one to fear in this division, it's all about us,that's how confident I am this season,best squad since the bald eagle     Days , we are on our way back,thanks to all the hard work being done by Mel, Clement,and Mr rush,the only way we are going is up.

I would take 12 points from this, winning all home games plus forest but I do think we could possibly get 15 we look really good atm. went to hull v Mk dons today hull looking solid at the back but were obviously playing away. We are keeping clean sheets and scoring and now with Weimann getting one hopefully he can gain a bit of confidence from it but I heard he had a few chances and also blasted a shot on to the moon

The international breaks have been quite handy so far in terms of breaking the games up into little blocks.

13 points from 15 in the last was very good, Clement challenging them to get more from the current block of 6 seems to be having the desired effect, with 10 from 12 so far, still need a win and draw at least from the next 2 to meet the target, which I think we'll surpass.

The 6 games following take us nicely upto Xmas-

Cardiff(h)   Hull(a)   Wednesday(a)   Brighton(h)   Bristol City(h)   Ipswich(a).

I'd be more than happy with 12 points from those 6, but I don't think Clement thinks like that, I suspect he'll challenge them to match whatever they do in this block!

Today was great, every bit as good as our better displays under McClaren, the quality waiting to get in this side is unmatched in this division, and the way players are taking their chance to impress is a credit to them, and to the manager for keeping them on it whilst not in the team.

We'll go to bed Xmas eve with the Rams top of the league I'm sure, the games afterwards will make or break our title hopes, 1 more forward/wide player in January could make all the difference.

The way Clements breaking games up into manageable blocks reminds me of TBE, who used to break the season up into blocks of 10 pts, focus on getting 10 pts then wipe the slate clean and get to the next 10 ASAP. 

Wednesday could do what Bournemouth did last season, and Reading never leak many goals, so add these to Brighton, Burnley, Boro, Hull and ourselves to be all fighting for the top 6 with Wolves and Brum not being far away.

I'd be happy with draws at both Hull and Wednesday, and 3 out of 4 wins from the other games, 11 points from 18, and as long as the defeat is not against Forest, I'd take that now, so I think we might slip up against Q.P.R. or Cardiff or Brighton, and wouldn't be suprised either if we slip up at either Hull or Wednesday, but I will be chuffed to bits if we come away with more than 11 points from these 6 games.

I also like looking at things in blocks, keeps us highly motivated and not too downhearted if a result doesn't come off.

It is interesting how the table will shape up though. Did we play Brentford at a really good time? On the flip side, those home results against Charlton and Leeds looks bloody awful now.

I maintain we'll have a better understanding after these six games though. Not only will we see how good we are, but also we'll see perhaps three fellow top six contenders too.

12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

We win 5 of the next six and we might as well celebrate early. Could see it being a top two battle by the time we play hull and brighton

I really can't see us winning five out of the next six. Hull away will be very tough and some other tough games there. What's after that ? Next six games takes us to 20 games. Target at half way must be 45 points minimum, so 18 points needed from nine games which I think we could get. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I really can't see us winning five out of the next six. Hull away will be very tough and some other tough games there. What's after that ? Next six games takes us to 20 games. Target at half way must be 45 points minimum, so 18 points needed from nine games which I think we could get. 

It will be tough for them as well.

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

That's what I'm saying, beat those teams we are virtually promoted, as we face some of the toughest opposition in the league. Time to see exactly how good a team and manager we have.

Archived