First in England

chris

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why has this thread been edited?

I think people should be able to see the nastiness in those deleted posts.

Agreed. Although I'm not sure what nastiness you're referring to. I don't personally think pointing out that many people are risking their own lives as well as their children's lives to come here from countries that are not in a state of war is a problem and that hiding up signs that say "refugees welcome" is irresponsible, so I hope you don't also. The photo of the dead child who died because his dad wanted some new teeth being a prime example of the result of that irresponsibility, although ultimate responsibility lies with the parents.

And that any responsible person would want to know specifically what charities are doing with their money in order to discourage such irresponsibility and mindless deaths I would describe as the opposite of nasty. If any Derby fan holds up a sign saying "refugees welcome" I will be asking them if they never heard the story of the pied piper.

Agreed. Although I'm not sure what nastiness you're referring to. I don't personally think pointing out that many people are risking their own lives as well as their children's lives to come here from countries that are not in a state of war is a problem and that hiding up signs that say "refugees welcome" is irresponsible, so I hope you don't also. The photo of the dead child who died because his dad wanted some new teeth being a prime example of the result of that irresponsibility, although ultimate responsibility lies with the parents.

And that any responsible person would want to know specifically what charities are doing with their money in order to discourage such irresponsibility and mindless deaths I would describe as the opposite of nasty. If any Derby fan holds up a sign saying "refugees welcome" I will be asking them if they never heard the story of the pied piper.

Put the posts back up. People can then decide for themselves if they are nasty or not.

I personally thought what you said was obnoxious and this measly attempt to justify it is just as bad.

Put the posts back up. People can then decide for themselves if they are nasty or not.

I personally thought what you said was obnoxious and this measly attempt to justify it is just as bad.

Like millions of Syrains, they fled to Turkey. This has been going on for over 3 years. Millions in Jordan and Turkey. Neighbors to Syria. Safe countries. They had been in Turkey for 3 years. Then the man forced has family onto a dingy in an attempt to illegally enter Greece via the Med. The blood is on his hands. Partial blame to the EU and Germany for basically saying anyone who lands in the EU can stay. 

I can't remember exactly what I wrote , but it was pretty much what I said above so I don't know how I'm now trying to justify myself by repeating myself? I have already stated my response to the crisis is the same as Paul Collier's. 

That photo, that so many in favour of letting all those at Calais in tried to exploit, was a photo of a child who died from the neglect of his parents. A child who braved choppy seas in a small, unsafe, overcrowded boat with no life jackets to speak of. To flee Turkey. Not Syria, Turkey. In the words of the child's aunt- because his dad wanted to go to Canada to get some new teeth. That is child neglect resulting in death. That is parents killing their child. If you don't agree then shame on you.

We could organise a bucket collection before the next home game?

Or a standing commitment for every home game?

Both sound good, I've messaged the club and will put any responses on here, what do you mean by standing commitment?

• 2 weeks later...

I did promise to post if I got a reply from the club, I did, here goes:

If anyone is interested in doing a collection I am happy to coordinate etc

Cheers

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent submission to the Press Department.   Whilst we would be unable to commit to helping to set up any funding campaigns due to our current Charity commitments both through the Club and the Football League,  we would be happy to offer you a bucket collection at a game in this 15/16 Season.

If you would like to go ahead with this then please get back to me and we can look at a game that would suit you.

Kind regards

Angela Allen

Marketing Coordinator

Derby County Football Club

We could organise a bucket collection before the next home game?

Or a standing commitment for every home game?

Good idea, but what would they do with buckets?

I did promise to post if I got a reply from the club, I did, here goes:

If anyone is interested in doing a collection I am happy to coordinate etc

Cheers

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent submission to the Press Department.   Whilst we would be unable to commit to helping to set up any funding campaigns due to our current Charity commitments both through the Club and the Football League,  we would be happy to offer you a bucket collection at a game in this 15/16 Season.

If you would like to go ahead with this then please get back to me and we can look at a game that would suit you.

Kind regards

Angela Allen

Marketing Coordinator

Derby County Football Club

iPro Stadium

Pride Park

Derby, DE24 8XL

www.dcfc.co.uk

Chris,

I would edit your post and remove angelas email/mobile number.

Paul

Archived