Mel Morris new owner

Derbylad01

I liked Brett very much. Nice guy took time to reply to fans and was honest. With McLaren trouble he said no 1's bigger then the club basically and stuck by his guns.

Every decision he made was for the best of the club always welcome back at the club!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel was the only fluid owner we had anyway.

the rest only seemed to tip up to protect the investment, after the Paul Jewell signings frenzy they seemed to have not liked getting their fingers burned again.

Im happy, and look forward to seeing who's on the board. Hopefully it will be some locals again.

They may have wanted to protect their investment ( nothing wrong with that at all ) but they certainly put more money in after the initial purchase, in order to keep us going. They gave us stability.

Like em or lump em, the yanks have done wonders for us in such a difficult period of our history.

Many were skeptical of their motives but they've proved to be good to their word. 

Can only thank them for the stability they've helped bring. Without them, we wouldn't be here now, with someone like Mel wanting to put his hard-earned into the club without it being swallowed up by crippling debt. 

As for Mel, only time will tell really. He's a Derby fan, which could be a gift or a curse. He's clearly single-minded when it comes to the Premier League... Guess we just have to get there. Will only be interesting if we keep failing. 

This is why we are pushing so hard to get their this season. No fool makes a personal fortune of 500 million he knows what he is doing. We make it this year and stay up for a season or two Mel and the club will make they're money back and then some.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

Good point, but you lose some marks for elementary grammatical errors. You don't want to be told to see Headmaster Eddie do you?

They may have wanted to protect their investment ( nothing wrong with that at all ) but they certainly put more money in after the initial purchase, in order to keep us going. They gave us stability.

I agree.

but I feel they had lost interest in the club after the playoff final.

This is why we are pushing so hard to get their this season. No fool makes a personal fortune of 500 million he knows what he is doing. We make it this year and stay up for a season or two Mel and the club will make they're money back and then some.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

This is laughable - so which owners make their money back??? Even with the increased premiership funding there will be a constant need for more money. Wages , transfers all increasing in cost BECAUSE of the new money and the scramble to stay there.

Mel might get his money back when he sells up.

'Good luck Mel,Its a huge job for one man, but great job so far, i am right behind you....

Unless things start to go wrong' , like most Derby fans :ph34r:

Seriously, I wish Him and PC well, and i hope they get the rewards we want :)

This is laughable - so which owners make their money back??? Even with the increased premiership funding there will be a constant need for more money. Wages , transfers all increasing in cost BECAUSE of the new money and the scramble to stay there.

Mel might get his money back when he sells up.

Hardly laughable. Reading other articles all 20 premier league clubs are set to make around 100mil a season. Yes it will need constant investment and the jobs not finished once we get there., but the spine of our team is premier league quality already imo,

I think we struck lucky having foreign investors who didn't ruin the ethos of the club. I must admit I was a little disappointed there wasn't more American-style improvements to the fan experience such as better service and half-time entertainment.

Perhaps Mel will bring that.

I actually think this is a bad move. The club is now completely Mel's toy. The previous arrangements allowed for a safety net if one of the owners group had cash problems. 

Will Gatsby be back in town too?

MeI is now very much in the spotlight. If our fans have a run in with him. It could turn sour quick. 

Sour Candy Crush?

I can remember tshirt guns, that was American. Wonder what happened to them? 

I thought GSE were a very safe pair of hands and local ownership often proves not to be but I'm not unhappy about it. 

Just wondered, those who are quite clearly against PG, what are your reasons specifically? 

I can remember tshirt guns, that was American. Wonder what happened to them? 

I thought GSE were a very safe pair of hands and local ownership often proves not to be but I'm not unhappy about it. 

Just wondered, those who are quite clearly against PG, what are your reasons specifically? 

Didn't we get to the prem the last two times we had local owners? Pickering, then Gadsby and mates?

Archived