Mel Morris new owner

Derbylad01

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think this is a bad move. The club is now completely Mel's toy. The previous arrangements allowed for a safety net if one of the owners group had cash problems. 

Will Gatsby be back in town too?

MeI is now very much in the spotlight. If our fans have a run in with him. It could turn sour quick. 

I actually think this is a bad move. The club is now completely Mel's toy. The previous arrangements allowed for a safety net if one of the owners group had cash problems. 

Will Gatsby be back in town too?

MeI is now very much in the spotlight. If our fans have a run in with him. It could turn sour quick. 

if one of the ownership group had cash flow problems, then it stops everyone else investing. Investment was proportional to share holdings. So for every 1 pound mel invested, they had to invest 3 between them.

I'm guessing Mel bought our midfield then....

Is this Mel trying to create his Legend? Couple of failed seasons where he was largely in the background. Now pumps a load of money into the club and buys out the shareholders. I'm not saying it's a bad thing and fair play to him but he will become a club legend of we go up and stay up! 

Mel was the only fluid owner we had anyway.

the rest only seemed to tip up to protect the investment, after the Paul Jewell signings frenzy they seemed to have not liked getting their fingers burned again.

Im happy, and look forward to seeing who's on the board. Hopefully it will be some locals again.

Archived