What are your expectations?

Bris Vegas

What are your expectations?  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno about MM... He did say in a pre season interview that it might take some time and they want to do things properly...

For me personally it depends on how long for everything to click with previous squad, new players and new head coach. It feels right now like Paul Clement is feeling his way a bit and a degree of frustration at our start is creeping in...

How he and the players respond is going to be interesting... If we are to finish top 6 or even top 2 then they need to improve hugely. That Leeds game was verging on abject and there should be questions asked of each other in that dressing room.

Im of the view that it must be very difficult to be one minute coaching Ramos, Bale, Ronaldo and then suddenly you have Keogh, Forsyth and Russell... It's got to be weird...and I really do expect this to take quite a lot of time.

Without the recent buys, I would have thought MM would have wanted promotion this season - with all the money now spent over the transfer window, possibly now automatics.

The return of cash from the prem next season is mind boggling - and I dare say that when we get to the automatics, there will be more cash available for substantial new players to take on the prem, you don't spend £20 million it give it up at the first hurdle.

No, more excuses Mr Clement, its time to show you are the real deal - I expect a vast improvement in performance I expect our first win at Preston and in style............

I think it's worth pointing out that there is not a lot you can do if the other teams simply obtain really good records such as last season. 78 points wasn't a bad points total. It wasn't great, but not bad.

From this team, and considering our start - 75 points has to be a minimum.

If we finish on 80 points but only finish eighth again, then I can have a bit of sympathy for PC,

But for me - 75 points has to be the minimum. Even if we finished in the top six, but only got around 70 points, I'll be pretty disappointed in all honesty.

That's only 71pts out of a possible 123 .

Our owners/investors across the pond will be looking over at our outlay this summer and expect us to be champions. 

Morris and Rush, although I doubt they would say it publically, will be eyeing a top two finish and likely regard anything less as a disappointment although it would probably not constitute and abject failure to 'only' make the top six.

Clement has openly stated that his expectation and target for this season is promotion and commented that there are three spots available to achieve that aim.  Play off final victory is therefore his own minimum ambition for the coming campaign.

Personally , I have never experienced Derby winning a  league title and would love to see that rectified. For the first time I can remember (with the possible exception of the Jim Smith side that finished runners-up) I think we have a squad, on paper, that is more than capable of achieving that. Whether that will come about, who knows. Football is not played on paper and players and managers don't always perform to potential.

Therefore, my heart says champions is a distinct possibility this season but looking at it objectively I think top two realistic and would settle for top six. 

The money spent, players acquired and expectation geneated, however, dictate that anything less ought to be viewed as a sizable underachievement...

For me, after a bad start (9 points off top spot) my expectations are top 6, (i think we will beat anyone this time in the play offs if we gel,and with Hughes back) also i hope for some stability, i was happy with Mac until the wheels came right off,(which i still don't understand) (and i feared he would be sacked if we got to the Prem and started badly, which would have destabilized us as i felt it would/could start the managerial merry go round looking for someone who would do a great job, as Mac did for 2 years) ... So, I hope MM has got his man right in PC, and this isnt the start of the slippery slope we have all seen before in clubs who have spent big, appointed manager after manager and slid backwards financially and in status....

Onwards and Upwards i hope.

Top 6 has to be the aim, Mel said before the start of the season, as long as we are making progress constantly as a club, ie performances get consistently better as does the squad and we improve year on year clement will get time. I still expect though that we have to finish in the top 6 this season or at least only miss out on the last day. Anything below last season and Clement may not get much longer.

Archived