What are your expectations?

Bris Vegas

What are your expectations?  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you were Mel Morris, where would you expect/demand this Derby team to finish? What is acceptable?

Now the window is over, we have a fairly good team I must say. There are a few areas which still need a look at, but there really should be no excuses for a decent season now. 

I mean, let's be honest. You don't spend 20m on top of a team which finished eighth only to classify eighth again as acceptable.

For me it has to be top six. Even if we lost in the playoffs, a top six finish and a bit of positivity and Clement should be given another crack.

I just can't see how anyone can now deem a finish outside the top six is acceptable. If we finished 19th last season, and added 20m, then you could perhaps just about get away with an eighth placed finish.

But we haven't come from a bad position. If someone like Brighton or Charlton, who were pretty bad last season, overatake us despite spending 20m less then something or someone needs removing from their post.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promotion, nothing less would be acceptable for a championship team spending over 20mil. I don't buy all this new manager, time to gel crap. Next year is the big money year for Prem teams and that's clearly what the board want spending that amount of money. Without promotion PC will be in the job centre, Hughes, Thorne and Martin will be sold then we go again with another year in the championship.

I think it's worth pointing out that there is not a lot you can do if the other teams simply obtain really good records such as last season. 78 points wasn't a bad points total. It wasn't great, but not bad.

From this team, and considering our start - 75 points has to be a minimum.

If we finish on 80 points but only finish eighth again, then I can have a bit of sympathy for PC,

But for me - 75 points has to be the minimum. Even if we finished in the top six, but only got around 70 points, I'll be pretty disappointed in all honesty.

Archived