Loans

Ovis aries

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems there was a lot of talk about getting another striker in - as we only really have 2 centre-forwards in Martin & Bent

Don't be surprised if we get a loan striker, but may not happen until one of them gets injured or suspended. Or if we're still not scoring any goals, they may look for a different type of striker to mix it up?

Seems there was a lot of talk about getting another striker in - as we only really have 2 centre-forwards in Martin & Bent

Don't be surprised if we get a loan striker, but may not happen until one of them gets injured or suspended. Or if we're still not scoring any goals, they may look for a different type of striker to mix it up?

personally, I'd be disgusted if we did.

Weimann is a striker, Russell is a striker, I even think Tom Ince considers himself to be a striker too.

Weimann is a striker, Russell is a striker, I even think Tom Ince considers himself to be a striker too.

Disgusted? So dramatic!

Remind me. How well did Russell do at the end of last season when expected to play as centre forward?

Weimann and Ince are both attacking players, but centre forwards? I thought you had more football nouse than that

Disgusted? So dramatic!

Remind me. How well did Russell do at the end of last season when expected to play as centre forward?

Weimann and Ince are both attacking players, but centre forwards? I thought you had more football nouse than that

the question you SHOULD be asking is, WHY did the team play as if Martin was upfront when Russell was?

We still need another player who can hold the ball up if Martin is injured. Though this type and standard of  player will be easier to buy than loan.  

the question you SHOULD be asking is, WHY did the team play as if Martin was upfront when Russell was?

Fairly obviously because McClaren stubbornly insisted on sticking to the one formation regardless of personnel

Now ask why Weimann and Ince have never been played as regular Centre Forwards at AMY club they've been at?

We still need another player who can hold the ball up if Martin is injured. Though this type and standard of  player will be easier to buy than loan.  

I disagree. 

We need our players to pass and move, creating chances, not holding the ball up and slowing the game down.

Archived