Bradley Johnson signs for Derby City....

RamontheMoor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt having just come from Norwich 'City' for the last 4 years, having a long busy day, and clearly being a bit nervous. Plus he looks at the camera after he says it so I think he realises what he's just said and feels stupid. Slip of the tongue.

But absolutely made me cringe when I heard it, I physically recoiled and pulled a sour face.

Maybe someone from the club got sick of new signings coming in and calling Derby a town and reminded him that it's a city, and he got confused.

I'm going to put this down to the stresses of deadline day. Gibson asked him if it was his first deadline day move and he said yes, and hopefully his last, he couldn't go through that again. I guess he just got confused and merged Derby County and Norwich City. Could be worse, could have called us Derby Forest.

I also noticed the Gareth Roberts -> John Eustace -> Chris Baird Bradley Johnson parody account has jumped on this mistake.

I'm going to put this down to the stresses of deadline day. Gibson asked him if it was his first deadline day move and he said yes, and hopefully his last, he couldn't go through that again. I guess he just got confused and merged Derby County and Norwich City. Could be worse, could have called us Derby Forest.

I also noticed the Gareth Roberts -> John Eustace -> Chris Baird Bradley Johnson parody account has jumped on this mistake.

I can't find this?

I can't find this?

I only noticed because I checked my timeline this morning and saw I was following Bradley Johnson and thought I don't remember this. All Baird tweets deleted and the one about Eustace leaving password details in the locker are still there. Also that Raul Albentosa parody account that nobody really follows changed to Chris Baird too.

https://twitter.com/BradJohnson_15

https://twitter.com/C_Baird12 

Archived