Should we have moved a few players out?

Kernow

Think we've been fairly short of CBs in the u21s in recent years... Also there are plenty of player who play one positions as a youf and move into a new one when they hit senior football...

We've been saying that for a couple of seasons and haven't seen a lot of evidence for it so far IMO

I worry that he's another Stephen Pearson... A guy who people said had all the requisite qualities to be a great player... had the odd game where he was unplayable... but just didn't have his head 'right'... 

I worry with Hendrick that he only does well when he has someone to talk him through everything movement...

I was comparing the age gap between Bryson and Hendrick...maybe I should have been a little clearer...

the he main point I disagree with too. I think he has improved year on year... Mabye not as much as hoped I concede. But I think if he hadn't been injured the way he has towards the start of last two seasons I think he would be close on 10/12 goals a season in him if stayed for throughout.

I also don't buy this "needs to be talked" where to play thing... He gets into some fantastic positions... Albeilt I will concede again that his decision making might not be the best... His finishing is usually decent too... Apart from his Leeds miss obviously....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was comparing the age gap between Bryson and Hendrick...maybe I should have been a little clearer...

Oh yeh... In terms of 'time left in career' then obviously I would expect Hendrick to be playing longer and I concede that Bryson probably won't show any massive leaps in improvement now...

However I think Bryson has improved more over the last 3 years than Hendrick... and I'm losing faith in Hendrick really ever showing the ability his potential has suggested...

Oh yeh... In terms of 'time left in career' then obviously I would expect Hendrick to be playing longer and I concede that Bryson probably won't show any massive leaps in improvement now...

However I think Bryson has improved more over the last 3 years than Hendrick... and I'm losing faith in Hendrick really ever showing the ability his potential has suggested...

I don't know... Think Hendrick is a tidy and very talented player... And I would think would walk into most other midfields in this league... Have to say though we are very strong in that department nowadays!

Hendrick is strong and has good attributes. But in terms of imposing himself, dictating the game, upping the tempo... he doesn't offer this. He rolls with the rest of the team rather than being a driving force. If he doesn't have someone upping the tempo next to him then the midfield can fall flat, as it has done.

Right now the team is crying out for some passion and someone to ignite the play. Hendrick can take a breather, or go on loan.

I just fear we will go back to the Jewell dynasty of buying top players on good salaries

if the plan fails it means they are difficult to move on ,because of their large. salaries.

Claud Davis still gives me shivers.At least the squad aint 44 yet like in the Jewel days.

I assume Mel Morris has a plan ,and if the club is not getting into dept ,its like a jigsaw puzzle.

Clements must be a magician and i look  forward to admiring his spells.

Been a long time since we had a multi million pound bench,

if things dont work out jan could be a exiting window,all in all a massive period in Derbys history.

And we are all here for the ride,all will be revealed in May

We must all support  our head coach and his staff and players,

Paul Clements you can do it                 UP THE RAMS

I think you've answered your own question a bit there, Kernow. And I think Srg is also correct too.

correct me if i'm wrong but I think Rimbaud is correct that Srg is correct.

Anyone who thinks we have signed Bradley Johnson to play wide is crazy. I actually think we may give the 4213 formation another go with him and George as the 2. Or 433 with him taking the left CM postion.

If PC plays him outwide then he should be sacked instantly.

Anyone who thinks we have signed Bradley Johnson to play wide is crazy. I actually think we may give the 4213 formation another go with him and George as the 2. Or 433 with him taking the left CM postion.

Another blooming Football Manager professional.

what, so playing  him in that position is good enough to get Norwich promoted with plenty of plaudits, yet unacceptable here?

Yayy for you...... Greattttttttttt logic.!

what, so playing  him in that position is good enough to get Norwich promoted with plenty of plaudits, yet unacceptable here?

Yayy for you...... Greattttttttttt logic.!

don't be so moist mostyn. Go and finish your sit down wee.

Archived