#Chapter2 - Preston away

-JW-

Car full of Aberdeenshire Rams going to this one. Tickets purchased 9:00:01 (just took the fella in the ticket office about 2 mins to milk the call after he knew deep deep down, when his ram phone in his ram cave rang, he knew it was me, and he knew what I wanted instantly) when they went on General Sale.

We start off with 4 in the car, but after a seven hour drive, songs blasting out the motor, Aberdeenshire Rams flag flying, well the car might resemble one of those lovely trains in India where quite a few get on, well it could all go Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with Bells on this one. So just hold on everyone to the ride, coz something very special is going to start in Preston.

Sing up.....Coz The Candy Man Can.....Yeah The Candy Man Can.....Coz The Candy Man Can.....Yeah The Candy Man Can.

So who's up for a game of Gurkha Tank Battle?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Respect to you guys IR! See you in the pub (sunmer pub think that the name?) be great to have your flag and my flag pic taken same time if you like. 

Yeah we'll try and aim for Sumners Pub, all down to the drivers skills, where he fancies parking etc, but I think this pub is nearest the ground and hopefully will be mobbed with Derby fans, well at least after we've got a couple of rounds in and pie, chips and gravy and all the rest.

Yeah and up for a couple of photo's. Flag Day.

First away game for the manxies,unfortunately only a day trip though,boat,taxi,game,taxi,boat.

when I lived in IOM I went on a stag do to watch everton, drinking from 9 in the morning on the ferry, into several liverpool pubs, then to the football (I think), then to some more pubs, then another 4 hours on the ferry in a force 6 propped up against the bar, jeez how did we survive:blink:.  Have a great day, I'm now too far away for a day trip

when I lived in IOM I went on a stag do to watch everton, drinking from 9 in the morning on the ferry, into several liverpool pubs, then to the football (I think), then to some more pubs, then another 4 hours on the ferry in a force 6 propped up against the bar, jeez how did we survive:blink:.  Have a great day, I'm now too far away for a day trip

Ha yeh that's about it,they open the bar four miles out of Douglas and close it half an hour before  we dock,I've been to plenty of hazy merseyside/Manchester games.Good to hear from you,maybe meet up when you next visit?

I've been go Deepdale three times, we've lost all three so hopefully the luck will change. Last time was when wee Billy was in charge in the playoffs, I think Cresswell and Nugent scored that day.

Last time we played Reading and I went a certain Mr Savage ended up in net. Hoping for better fortunes this time round!

Archived