Simon Dawkins

TheDeadlySaul

Come home from international duty for 'personal reasons' according to reports.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Simon-Dawkins-returns-home-personal/story-28183291-detail/story.html

DERBY County forward Simon Dawkins has returned from World Cup duty for "personal reasons", according to reports.

Dawkins was surprisingly an unused substitute in Jamaica's 2-0 defeat to Panama on Friday.

Now he is out of CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Haiti tomorrow.

Jamaica team officials confirmed that Dawkins has flown back to England.

The 27-year-old has started just one game for Derby this season.

DET report has more adverts than words in the article. :sleep:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Sadly she did pass away, but I do believe he was extremely close to her and may have taken it very badly and not coped too well.

His heads obviously not right yet as he's not been near any squad.

shame.

Whether this is the case or not, a similar reaction does happen to many people and it can be very difficult to overcome. Life is never the same after you lose your mother. We wish you well Simon and we sincerely hope that Derby County are also doing everything that they can to help.

Its a shame about Dawkins he is almost the forgotten man now.  

Showed real signs of promise in flashes. when he came on loan he looked good. When signed he looked very average had a great game v fulham away in league cup some good cameo sub apps.

I thought Vs  Reading facup  he was our best player and the game after also(cannot remember who we played).

Lots of promise which has not been fulfilled.

Hope he manages to sort out his problems and negotiate a move where he can become a regular first team player, sadly I think that his time here is up

It's harsh on Dawkins - he's clearly not been able to get his head around losing his mother. Happens to the best of us.

Clement's probably not had enough chance to look at him. 20ish(?) minutes vs. Burton Albion and 60mins vs. Portsmouth isn't really that much. He could have done with being available for the behind-closed-doors game vs. Notts County.

That said, he doesn't really fit into the squad, in my opinion. He's not about to knock one of Hendrick, Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson out of the midfield position, nor Ince, Russell or Weimann for one of the wide berths as he's not a winger.

6 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

It's harsh on Dawkins - he's clearly not been able to get his head around losing his mother. Happens to the best of us.

Without knowing Dawkins personally it would be crazy to make assumptions like this. Personal reasons could be a number of things.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

What makes you say "he's clearly not been able to get his head around losing his mother."?

"I was in and out of the squad – but my mum also passed away.

"It was really difficult. I tried to put it to the side but it is difficult when you're out on the field and you know that everything is not alright off of it.

"That was very difficult for me to deal with but the manager (Steve McClaren) was great. He gave me some time off, which was why I wasn't really involved in the last few games of the season."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Heartbreaking-loss-Simon-Dawkins/story-26828748-detail/story.html#ixzz3rkON1iBy 

Seems clear enough to me.

blow when Derby County midfielder Simon Dawkins returned home to England, for what has been claimed to be “personal reason”.

But OBSERVER ONLINE understands that Dawkins may have opted to rejoin his club out of frustration for not being included in Jamaica’s 0-2 loss to Panama inside the National Stadium on Friday.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/latestnews/WORLD-CUP-QUALIFIER--Injuries--withdrawals-rock-Boyz-ahead-of-Haiti-clash

Archived