Why Why Why Weimann

sage

14 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Why may I ask would you not start him against teams who sit back? He is a better finisher than any of our other wide players. I do agree we need to tweak the team in such games but would suggest lose 1 of the DM’s or 3 at the back would create the extra body we need to break down a crowded defence. He seems the embodiment of a confidence player to me. A good run of games would be far better than benching the lad in my opinion 

I explained earlier. His strength is his speed and workrate. He likes to run behind a defence with a high line or counter attack teams that are pushing on. 

What he isn't strong at is keeping possession in tight areas, beating a man from a standing start and a subtle touch.

The reasons he didn't suit us under McClaren and Clement are the same reasons he doesn't suit playing at home against teams who park the bus.  

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, sage said:

I explained earlier. His strength is his speed and workrate. He likes to run behind a defence with a high line or counter attack teams that are pushing on. 

What he isn't strong at is keeping possession in tight areas, beating a man from a standing start and a subtle touch.

The reasons he didn't suit us under McClaren and Clement are the same reasons he doesn't suit playing at home against teams who park the bus.  

Sorry to make you explain twice, I’m too lazy to scroll backwards. But who are you putting in instead who would make a difference? I still think it’s the system that needs tweaking in these games 

Just now, Doodle said:

Sorry to make you explain twice, I’m too lazy to scroll backwards. But who are you putting in instead who would make a difference? I still think it’s the system that needs tweaking in these games 

With the current squad we have, I would pick Russell ahead of him in these games. However, this lack of creativity against a packed defence is a weakness within the squad. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

With the current squad we have, I would pick Russell ahead of him in these games. However, this lack of creativity against a packed defence is a weakness within the squad. 

Could play both and bully the poor teams. Lose one of the back 6 and let one play in a free role around the central striker and the other to stay wide. They could easily interchange to create even more uncertainty amongst the oppositions back line 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

He's finally had a run of games assisted and scored a couple, like at Barnsley his play for vydra's goal was brilliant, but no just through Russell back in! Lad can't do anything right 

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

He's finally had a run of games assisted and scored a couple, like at Barnsley his play for vydra's goal was brilliant, but no just through Russell back in! Lad can't do anything right 

Perhaps you could read the footballing reasons why and learn to spell throw. 

Grammar Nazis are go :ph34r: 

Archived