Why Why Why Weimann

sage

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Paul Clement, staff & players of Derby County Football Club.

Please, please, please can we win 8-0 tonight, with Ince, Weimann & Martin each bagging a brace with Bent & Russell coming on to notch a goal apiece all from assists by Shotton & Warnock, Shackell winning everyone of his tackles/headers/interceptions, Baird back-heeling a pass 40 yards, Thorne completing another full 90 despite thundering into 27 50-50 balls and Keogh calmly and concisely issuing instructions to his team mates???

I ask this because if you do, most fans will calm the f**k down and realize you actually know what you're doing.

Signed

Ramsbottom x

Steady on; we're not Bournemouth!

I'll be honest, I haven't been happy with the performances so far. I think our players are better than the performances we've seen but I'm not naive enough to think that preseason would be enough time for so many signings and a new manager's new ideas to be implemented.

I have seen glimpses of play which fill me with optimism about the remainder of the season however these glimpses also add to the frustration because we know we've got it in our locker somewhere.

I'm happy to give PC until Christmas for his ideas to blossom (I'm not saying I'd sack him at christmas, I'm just happy for him to persevere with his new ideas until then). If however they are still not working then I'll be expecting him to go back to the chalkboard. 5 months is long enough to get your ideas across. 

Also @Daveo what was the mistake with the team sheet and Chris Baird? I was in the country side for the game so didn't hear about it and when I tried looking for it in the match thread it was so buried by other comments I couldnt find it? 

I think this is his application to be the new Mostyn for a season, to be honest I welcome a change of Mr Controversial, we've had Mostyn for a while now and it's time for this forum to move on. I feel with this and the Bent thread Sage is perfect for the position. 

I'm going to give him 3 games, if he doesn't perform I'll be starting a thread questioning his ability to fit in with this forum.

Hmmm, not sure about this. Besides the fact I was critical of fans and only one player, many posters agreed with me. I'd say there were plenty more controversial than me, just none as memorable or loveable.

I thought I was reading a Curtains thread at first.

I have decided that much like the league table, this forum isn't worth taking seriously until about 15 games in.

Curtains thread ! Pull yourself together man !

Dear Paul Clement, staff & players of Derby County Football Club.

Please, please, please can we win 8-0 tonight, with Ince, Weimann & Martin each bagging a brace with Bent & Russell coming on to notch a goal apiece all from assists by Shotton & Warnock, Shackell winning everyone of his tackles/headers/interceptions, Baird back-heeling a pass 40 yards, Thorne completing another full 90 despite thundering into 27 50-50 balls and Keogh calmly and concisely issuing instructions to his team mates???

I ask this because if you do, most fans will calm the f**k down and realize you actually know what you're doing.

Signed

Ramsbottom x

Baird shouldn't be taking silly risks back heeling a pass 40 yards even if we are 7-0 up . time for a new captain.

I'm with you Sage, as I can look beyond the typical fan view of 'oh he's a good player let's bring him in alongside Bent. They're both going to guarantee us 30 goals this season.'

Guys and girls. football doesn't work like that. If the players don't fit system, regardless of how good they are (Zlatan I'm talking to you!) then they won't perform to expectations.

Weimann is best through the middle. Villa fans told us this. Why have we signed him? Because our rookie recruitment team saw him as a 'good player' and thought that he could fit in regardless of the team's best style of play.

He's not a winger. We're literally trying to accomodate him, and any change of formation to do so will affect our team in a negative way. Just like Darren Bent.

It's laughable how those of you out there don't quite grasp that players can only perform to thier best abilities in certain systems. Look at the difference between Ince's performances for Derby and Forest. You all knew this...

So why did you think Wiemann, Bent, Ince and Martin would get is about 60 goals this season? Why? Would you assume 11 Charlie Austins would score over 100 Championship goals?

Weimann is a good player, I have no doubts about that. But he's not the player we needed, not in the slightest. His signings smacks of that ametuer thought process of 'he's a good player, get him in'...

And when he arrives 'OK, now we've got him, where the hell are we going to play him?'

Stevie Howard never got of to a great start  during our promotion season under poison dwarf,  he failed to score in his first seven appearances for the club   ..  :thumbsup:   he didnt end up with a bad record in the end of his first season ...   admit Weimann give me pause for thought  ,  but only 3 league games gone  -  C.O.Y.R

Clicked on this thinking we were trying to create a new song for one of our players, and then I thought maybe we have signed another weimann????

No just another put down on one of our players.

Seriously have you just decided he is not good enough for us or did you make that decision when we signed him at the start of June?

Ridiculous topic

Archived