The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

Ward was terrible after he returned from injury. Like, really really terrible.

one goal - against Birmingham, an open net tap in after the keeper tipped a Russell shot into his path - and no assists (although his deflected pass against Cardiff did it a defender and go in) in 2015 shows that. 

Along with his injury problems and sizable wage, it was definitely the right decision to move him on. He's not going to get game time here and wide attacking positions are the easiest to cater for in the loan market as well. 

I wish him all the best, and I'm sure he'll do okay at Forest, but he's nothing more than a 6/10 Championship player now. 

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley fan:

Well they do seem to be "throwing" quite a lot of money at it.

£3m a year for the manager - on how long a contract ?

Darren Bent - got to be on minimum £50k a week.

Still after Ince ?

Bryson given a substantial 5 year contract on a rumoured £25k a week and then not even a regular.

Thorpe - £1m...and no doubt very decent salary.

Grant - we know he went for more than we could offer and already they have bought another keeper.

Half a dozen players bought already this year and bidding £2m for Shack.

Was there a club in the championship who spent more money than Derby on wages ?...

etc etc

For a championship club I think they have been throwing more money at trying to reach the Premiership than most...and this is without parachute payments hard to think of a club who would have bigger losses in the last 3 years (outside those who have been in Premier League)

I don't even know where to start with this one :lol:

Burnley fan:

Still after Ince ?

Bryson given a substantial 5 year contract on a rumoured £25k a week and then not even a regular.

Grant - we know he went for more than we could offer and already they have bought another keeper.

Was there a club in the championship who spent more money than Derby on wages ?...

etc etc

For a championship club I think they have been throwing more money at trying to reach the Premiership than most...and this is without parachute payments hard to think of a club who would have bigger losses in the last 3 years (outside those who have been in Premier League)

Well as with all supporters of teams in the Prem they know fook all about any teams outside the hallowed 20. 

I sincerely hope we collectively don't disappear up our own arses if we go up.  Just one season up there appears to turn them into a bunch of tools...  It's happened to Bournemouth's fans and they haven't even played a game yet :D

Other than the managers salary which none of us know and the fact Thorne was reportedly £2m and not £1m, what are they wrong about?

Bent on a minimum 50k a week? I know we're spending more but that's a ridiculous suggestion

'Was there a club in the championship who spent more money than Derby on wages ?' QPR, Fulham, Cardiff, Forest, Blackburn, Hull

'hard to think of a club who would have bigger losses in the last 3 years' Forest, Blackburn, Leeds, Bolton, Wolves and probably more

Burnley fan:

Still after Ince ?

etc etc

http://youtu.be/U8Kum8OUTuk

They've exaggerated a bit but we are looking like we're spending a lot more now. I don't have a problem with that because now is the time to invest in a big push but you're always going to get criticism like that when you're doing what we're doing. Part and parcel of being promotion contenders.

Other than the managers salary which none of us know and the fact Thorne was reportedly £2m and not £1m, what are they wrong about?

they also say we've already bought half a dozen players. Who have we actually paid money for though?

No one knows how many outgoings there will be, and for how much? But the outgoings that there have already been likely cancel out the new wages. 

Fact is, if we were spending more than any other club, we'd be in FFP trouble. We've worked bloody hard to get where we are and build a sustainable model, which has allowed us to spend a bit of cash. 

I really hope we don't get a reputation of trying to buy the league. Success breeds success. Players like bent want to play for us because we're goid, not because were rich. 

they also say we've already bought half a dozen players. Who have we actually paid money for though?

No one knows how many outgoings there will be, and for how much? But the outgoings that there have already been likely cancel out the new wages. 

Fact is, if we were spending more than any other club, we'd be in FFP trouble. We've worked bloody hard to get where we are and build a sustainable model, which has allowed us to spend a bit of cash. 

I really hope we don't get a reputation of trying to buy the league. Success breeds success. Players like bent want to play for us because we're goid, not because were rich. 

Too late, everyone already thinks that. And I don't think it matters because they're twisting facts because football fans don't like seeing other teams do well. It's a well known phenomenon at this stage guys.

What is important is the perception of the signings we've made, and if the only criticism they can come up with is "they cost too much" then we're doing something right.

Archived