The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

I didn't mention that Butters and Johnson were playing in the Charlton/Boro games, mainly saying that we should be playing much better with the quality of the players we have, others on here keep making excuses for midfielders being out injured IE Hughes etc.

Yes, we have won two games but our performances are nowhere near convincing, we had managed to hang on in both games and against two very average sides, this is not we would expect to be doing with possibly the best squad in the division.

Some on here have their heads buried in the sand, some on here think Clement can do no wrong, He is judged on his results and although two wins is two wins, its the performances and they are not good, and unless we start to play like a team with quality players we have then we will struggle against the better sides in the division.

Remember Clement is not here on a YTS, he is not here to learn how to become a coach  - he has been employed as a full feldged coach.

He has at his disposal the best team of quality players in the championship, so why are the performances so dire?

We have had 2 wins from 8 games and I have seen nothing in pre season and in our 8 games since then that says Clement know what is is doing, the alarm bells were ringing at Grimsby and I did air my views then but some on here kept saying its only pre season, it will come good once the season kicks off......... Still waiting......

The scary thing is, I do see another Brian Kidd........

Butterfield and Johnson have been here two games, any chance of a little breathing space.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butterfield and Johnson have been here two games, any chance of a little breathing space.

Butters and Johnson are two very experienced players they have both done very well.

But if the team tactics are *****, then will will never get the best out of the quality players we have and we have many.

As I said there is a problem with the whole performances over 90 mins, we are not getting any better than we were after the first 3 games.

Where is the attacking forward play, where is the running off the ball, where has all the slick passing gone, there is no width why is everything so slow, know wonder Ince and co are struggling this season.

Let us see how we perform against a better side in Burnley on Monday, hopefully he changes his lifeless tactics into something like we are used to seeing and maybe we can break down a decent defence, and maybe we can put in a great performance?

God knows we have been waiting for one.........

yeah I wasn't complaining. I enjoyed McClarens reign for the most part. And I agree we need to show abit more attacking. But I think Clement has already shown he actually when it comes to tough games, it a bit more tactically astute, than the tactically inept McClaren. 

Of course the Burnley game will test my theory out. 

I think you may be talking tripe here mate...

McClaren is no dummy when it comes to tactics... He was able to flex the team based on need and there were a number of times when his decisions brought us back from the brink or gained us a win...

Clement on the other hand has yet to prove his tactical ability in any way shape or form... In fact against Leeds it was HIS poor decisions that cost us the game...

• Couldn't inspire the players at the start - Yet somehow was able to at half time
  • When Thorne got injured he switched formations rather than move Baird into the middle and keeping the same formation which was dominant over 20 mins - Included moving Hendrick (who had suddenly come alive) into the DM role he hates... Hendrick's freedom/forward play having been the key difference in the first 20 mins...
  • Then he brings Bent on for Russell... Russell had been consistently dangerous and the runs from deep were panicking Leeds... And ALL of our good forward play just fell apart...

Hoping he learns the lessons from that quickly but that was a disaster of decision making from start to finish...

I think you may be talking tripe here mate...

McClaren is no dummy when it comes to tactics... He was able to flex the team based on need and there were a number of times when his decisions brought us back from the brink or gained us a win...

Clement on the other hand has yet to prove his tactical ability in any way shape or form... In fact against Leeds it was HIS poor decisions that cost us the game...

• Couldn't inspire the players at the start - Yet somehow was able to at half time
  • When Thorne got injured he switched formations rather than move Baird into the middle and keeping the same formation which was dominant over 20 mins - Included moving Hendrick (who had suddenly come alive) into the DM role he hates... Hendrick's freedom/forward play having been the key difference in the first 20 mins...
  • Then he brings Bent on for Russell... Russell had been consistently dangerous and the runs from deep were panicking Leeds... And ALL of our good forward play just fell apart...

Hoping he learns the lessons from that quickly but that was a disaster of decision making from start to finish...

McClaren may be a good coach, but his tactics towards the end of last season were poor. Everybody I spoke to knew that we could not play the same system with Martin injured as we could with him in the side. But McClaren obviously couldn't see this even with all his coaching badges. Playing Bent as a lone forward and expecting him to be able to hold up the ball and bring others into the game was plain stupid and was the main reason our season fell away in my opinion.  

Burnley FootyMad:

"It wasn't a great defensive performance, Christie had the defence on toast. We were awful and the only reason we didn't lose that by 3 or 4 was because of there ineptitude up front. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated watching a football match. That was almost Chelseaesk! Play 10 men behind the ball and hope to god you can get some luck and score."

"Take a breath - it's a good point. Derby were very decent and put us under great pressure. But after all that they have only a point to show for it."

"Good point - HOOF!"

Dyche "Everyone keeps telling me these are the market leaders. Spent £20m on players"

EVERYONE keeps telling YOU? 

Bet Brentford were gutted to see Gray get injured. I assume he's only on loan?

don't bother putting the remainder of the quote in as it doesn't fit with your idea that Dyche/everyone else is against us. What he actually said was, yes they have spent a lot, but so have we.... But ignore that.! 

don't bother putting the remainder of the quote in as it doesn't fit with your idea that Dyche/everyone else is against us. What he actually said was, yes they have spent a lot, but so have we.... But ignore that.! 

Get on board with the anti-Dyche agenda or STFU dude... There's no room for your 'reasonable behaviour' around here...

What do you think this is? A place for displaying information, opinion and debate? CRAZY talk dude...

Get on board with the anti-Dyche agenda or STFU dude... There's no room for your 'reasonable behaviour' around here...

What do you think this is? A place for displaying information, opinion and debate? CRAZY talk dude...

sorry, so so sorry. I hate the ginger raspy voiced freak... (That better?)t

Archived