Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

""He added: “With my son part of the Academy I have seen Darren at work from a parent’s perspective""

There's a Rush junior in the academy? Anyone know what age level?

That makes 3 senior staff members with kids in the academy with Wassall, Phillips and Rush. Maybe even more 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

""He added: “With my son part of the Academy I have seen Darren at work from a parent’s perspective""

That makes 3 senior staff members with kids in the academy with Wassall, Phillips and Rush. Maybe even more 

We always were a family club - now more so.

18 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Rush's son is in the u9s.

Stoke City U21s 1 - Derby county U21s 2

That dude Zanzala with two goals. Derby County U21s TOP OF THE LEAGUE

On goal difference from WBA , Arsenal can go 6 points ahead of us if they win their three games in hand. No other team can catch us at present without playing an extra game on us.

55 minutes ago, -JW- said:

I take it the likes of Bunjaku and Calero will probably find the first team a step too far.

On present rate of progress maybe

On 10/31/2015, 7:13:40, Rampage said:

Stoke City U21s 1 - Derby county U21s 2

That dude Zanzala with two goals. Derby County U21s TOP OF THE LEAGUE

On goal difference from WBA , Arsenal can go 6 points ahead of us if they win their three games in hand. No other team can catch us at present without playing an extra game on us.

One of his 'goals' was credited to someone else for Derby.

What do I know about how players will turn out? I would have taken Christie to another Club last year. His defending was no where near good enough for me. seeing him on saturday, he looked tremendous. So all the U21 players must have a very good chance because they are in our team. The people in charge know more than I do. Marco Gabbiadini spoke very highly of Kwame Thomas. does he know better than I do? Absolutely.

So, after Fozzy's unfortunate injury, it looks like Max Lowe might get his chance to step up from the U-21s in the coming months. I for one am excited to see if he can handle first team football at a promotion-chasing side. Has anyone here seen him play and if so, do you think he will be ready?

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

So, after Fozzy's unfortunate injury, it looks like Max Lowe might get his chance to step up from the U-21s in the coming months. I for one am excited to see if he can handle first team football at a promotion-chasing side. Has anyone here seen him play and if so, do you think he will be ready?

Month on loan first, in my opinion.

Interesting fact from Sky Sprouts today:- Aston Villa won the NewGen European Competition for young players fairly recently. Commentator said that only Grealish had been able to establish himself in the Premiership side from that group.

What does this say about how we can improve on that at DCFC. Big question, I think.

Why do we not go and see if we can nab a couple of those players fairly cheaply?

16 hours ago, Rampage said:

Interesting fact from Sky Sprouts today:- Aston Villa won the NewGen European Competition for young players fairly recently. Commentator said that only Grealish had been able to establish himself in the Premiership side from that group.

What does this say about how we can improve on that at DCFC. Big question, I think.

Why do we not go and see if we can nab a couple of those players fairly cheaply?

Goes to show how far youth games are from adult ones. The difference is huge.

7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Goes to show how far youth games are from adult ones. The difference is huge.

i read the difference is hugs and thought to myself, yeah that sounds reasonable.

21 already?  No hugs for you then, but here's a kick in the pants.

Archived