Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

This seems unnecessary... Didn't know whether it needed it's own thread or not though

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-set-restructure-youth-Academy/story-26685367-detail/story.html

Derby County: Rams set to restructure youth Academy

DERBY County are set to restructure their youth Academy following the arrival of new head coach Paul Clement.

Clement was installed as Steve McClaren's successor last week and is currently in the process of assessing his squad, among other things.

After the appointment of Clement and Mel Morris taking over as chairman, more changes are afoot behind the scenes.

Derby's Academy received category one status last summer – the highest ranking under the Premier League's Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).

This meant the club's under-16s, under-18s and under-21s all stepped up to Premier League level in 2014-15.

The Academy is due to be audited by the Premier League and the club have taken the opportunity  to implement a reshuffle, although details have not yet been revealed.

This is expected to involve changes in personnel.

A formal announcement on the situation will be made in due course.

Meanwhile, Clement has yet to finalise his backroom staff for the first team.

He has so far  brought in fitness coach Karl Halabi, with whom he worked during his stints at Chelsea and Fulham.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting the impression that Paul Clement will change a large number of personnel in his first year. He will be here for three years in my opinion and if he moves on he will have estamlish himself in all aspects of running a football club.There is no point in trying to guess who would leave our Academy to go to Newcastle but it would be understandable to go there for Premiership experience and wages.

I get the impression it's a Mel Morris reshuffle rather than anything else... think he's tying to stamp his mark on the pla

I think that there is unprecedented unity between Mel Morris, Sam Rush and Paul Clement. They speak as one because they understand each other and believe that UNITY is the key to success. Hasn't Mel already made it clear that his other business successes are based on unioty. Long may it last.

I was under the impression that the academy was always going to be treated as a separate entity, so that any change of manager would have minimal impact.

I think category 1 will inevitably change things. We can now look to import the better players from category 3 and 3 academies.  This will become evident over the next two years.

I think most things will stay the same, Wassall for one thing, but continuity is only a good thing if it's a continuity of excellence.

I think category 1 will inevitably change things. We can now look to import the better players from category 3 and 3 academies.  This will become evident over the next two years.

I think most things will stay the same, Wassall for one thing, but continuity is only a good thing if it's a continuity of excellence.

Obviously category 2 or 3 academies

Paul Clement appears to have clearly stated that the Academy is to be restructured. I have not much idea what that means. Potentially getting John Peacock would influence that in some way you would think.

Well, has he or hasn't he?

'Appears to' implies not definite, whereas 'Clearly' implies definite.

The academy was structured to be a separate part of derby county with its own identity,and set up.,

Now we dont have a manager,and are run by a C.E.O.,I would think the entire operation comes under his remit,

As we see head coaches can come and go very quickly,and the coaching staff changed,whenever,just thank them for their services,.The investment in the academy is to be applauded,The investment in the first team squad,and a determined push for the premiership welcome,Sam Rush has made some big decisions about derby county and the way it is run,.

,and of course the board have agreed with the changes,and it seems Mel Morris has come on board with new investment.

As Derby fans we have to trust the board,we cant sack them,I am just disapointed that at the moment we treat our coaches,,with a come day go day attitude..To me a good coach is a good coach,and we have sacked 8 in 18 months,

Are all these changes good for the players,how can a player listen to advice from some one who will not be around long.

The players must have to respect the coaches for the system to work.

The academy was structured to be a separate part of derby county with its own identity,and set up.,

Now we dont have a manager,and are run by a C.E.O.,I would think the entire operation comes under his remit,

As we see head coaches can come and go very quickly,and the coaching staff changed,whenever,just thank them for their services,.The investment in the academy is to be applauded,The investment in the first team squad,and a determined push for the premiership welcome,Sam Rush has made some big decisions about derby county and the way it is run,.

,and of course the board have agreed with the changes,and it seems Mel Morris has come on board with new investment.

As Derby fans we have to trust the board,we cant sack them,I am just disapointed that at the moment we treat our coaches,,with a come day go day attitude..To me a good coach is a good coach,and we have sacked 8 in 18 months,

Are all these changes good for the players,how can a player listen to advice from some one who will not be around long.

The players must have to respect the coaches for the system to work.

In the same 18 months Watford have had 6 head coaches and each would have had their own staff, I would assume, so I do not think it can be as disruptive as you may fear.

Belper Town v Derby county X1 - (U21s and U18s mix)

I was at the game. Lack lustre first half. Belper were well organised, should have been two up at half time. Second half was a vast improvement on the first.Things picked up when Mason Bennett came on. He looked fit and very strong.  Zanzala was good but half a yard short of pace. Ethan Wassall looked good as I had not seen him before. Gordon looked a right handful, he has good vision and can beat a player with step overs with embarrassing ease. Their goalkeeper made some very good saves in the second half. I think that 2-2 was a fair result in the end. Derby's first goal was a touch of class, the Polish guy, Caspar (on trial) saw the gap and rattled it the corner with ease from 20 metres., his second was a tap in. Timi is a Slovenian player and I understand that he has signed up. Lowen was on trial, he played in Germany in a defensive pairing called Lowen, Behold. Looks like Derby's European scouting is working out well. Early days but I would say about six players would make the Championship standard in two years time.

Archived