Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Not being a kill joy, but is it possible to not have a thread descend into crap puns when we are potentially signing a player. I can't be arsed to click a thread thinking "yes three extra pages, maybe something has developed" only to see page after page of usells puns based around that players name.

dont want to sound like a moaning old git, but come on guys.

Sorry. :(. I had herd that sort of thing annoys people.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So been reading the Huddersfield forum, all say he is their best player and it would be suicide. Butterfields dad is a Barnsley fan and posts on their footy mad forum under the name 'whitey'. Last night when ribbed for going to watch huddersfield he replied "not for long". Read it all here:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/97622/derby-after-butterfield

Sounds like Hudds need the cash as well.

Quick whisper in Chris Powell's ear...

Not being a kill joy, but is it possible to not have a thread descend into crap puns when we are potentially signing a player. I can't be arsed to click a thread thinking "yes three extra pages, maybe something has developed" only to see page after page of usells puns based around that players name.

You want to consider changing your username to KGB

That's the key question and I don't believe so. For me he's another "body" and not at the level we need to significantly improve the first 11. Of course I'll support him if he comes, but be very disappointed. One thing you can say for the lad and his agent, they don't half like a signing on fee. Six clubs in three years?

• Barnsley
  • Norwich
  • Bolton
  • Palace
  • Boro
  • Huddersfield

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

To be fair to him, he left Barnsley to move to a Premiership club when his contract had expired. It didn't work out at Norwich and they never really gave him a chance (1 appearance, a cup game). The Bolton and Palace moves were loans to get more first team football and then he joined Boro because Norwich still didn't see him in their first team plans. And then if I remember correctly, he wanted to stay at Boro but they included him as a swap in a deal for Clayton. He knew he wasn't wanted any more and wouldn't be first choice so left and won player of the year at Huddersfield in his first season. The only move you could argue would be purely about the money is from Huddersfield to Derby :lol:

Not being a kill joy, but is it possible to not have a picnic descend into crab buns when we are potentially eating a cake. I can't be arsed to lick a lolly thinking "yes three extra drumsticks, maybe someone has developed sherbet" only to see page after page of mussells puns based around that players name.

dont want to sound like a morning cold toast, but I can't believe it's Butterfield

Come on, let's but out the puns

Good player, good signing. There's another thread talking about have the signings we have made added value and made us better. With Hughes out long term, Butterfield would make us better. At the moment we have Hendrick and Hanson in there, with Bryson back in a month. I'd argue Butterfield would start over all three.

A basic rule of thumb for this place (specifically the transfer forum) is to always read the latest page first - if there's anything interesting on it then work your way back, if not then go and read another thread, you won't have missed anything.

Once there is some actual news the puns tend to stop for 2-3 pages

Archived