Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Slightly concerned that he looks to control a ball and then pick a pass. Where is his box to box running, he doesn't appear to have an engine, and never once on those clips did I see him kiss the badge or poke his tongue out at anyone. He seems to lack passion. It's a no from me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly concerned that he looks to control a ball and then pick a pass. Where is his box to box running, he doesn't appear to have an engine, and never once on those clips did I see him kiss the badge or poke his tongue out at anyone. He seems to lack passion. It's a no from me.

Hughes replacement, not Bryson :p

Another who looks calm on the ball and can pass. Even with Hughes injured, a new addition like this would surely push someone out of the fold. Bryson and Hendrick should both be concerned. Then again, we can be certain that aside from Hughes, at least one of our midfielders will almost always not be match fit. 

Decent player at Championship level. Good passing ability and knows where the net is. Itl be interesting to see what sort of fee we're lookin at as I'm sure he's not long signed an extension to his current contract.

Town fans want £4m, rumours are £1.5-2m. The fee will be undisclosed. So we will never know. 

Not being a kill joy, but is it possible to not have a thread descend into crap puns when we are potentially signing a player. I can't be arsed to click a thread thinking "yes three extra pages, maybe something has developed" only to see page after page of usells puns based around that players name.

dont want to sound like a moaning old git, but come on guys.

'Huddersfield Examiner' reporting in it now...

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-ace-jacob-butterfield-9870938

Huddersfield Town midfielder Jacob Butterfield is the subject of a bid from Championship rivals Derby County, according to reports.

The 25-year-old, signed from Middlesbrough in a reported £800,000 deal a year ago, was Player of the Year last season.

The development, unconfirmed by Town, comes with goalkeeper Alex Smithies set to be transferred to another Championship club, Queens Park Rangers.

Butterfield, under contract until 2018, has started both league games so far this season, and went on as a substitute in the Capital One Cup clash with Notts County.

The Bradford-born player has also been linked with Premier League newcomers AFC Bournemouth over the summer.

Rejected by Manchester United as a junior, Butterfield began his career at Barnsley before joining Norwich City in 2012.

He had a year at Middlesbrough before moving to Town as Adam Clayton went the other way.

Butterfield has made 49 Town appearances and scored six goals.

Derby, one of the favourites for the Championship title, are looking to bring in a midfielder following injuries to Will Hughes and Craig Bryson.

Town sold another midfielder, Conor Coady, to Championship rivals Wolves for £2 earlier this summer.

I'm annoyed Evans and Rush didn't go after Coady! 2 quid for a good Championship midfielder, bargain!

Better than Hendrick?

I'd say so, definitely more consistent, better at not losing the ball when he gets closed down.

That's the key question and I don't believe so. For me he's another "body" and not at the level we need to significantly improve the first 11. Of course I'll support him if he comes, but be very disappointed. One thing you can say for the lad and his agent, they don't half like a signing on fee. Six clubs in three years?

• Barnsley
  • Norwich
  • Bolton
  • Palace
  • Boro
  • Huddersfield

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

That's the key question and I don't believe so. For me he's another "body" and not at the level we need to significantly improve the first 11. Of course I'll support him if he comes, but be very disappointed. One thing you can say for the lad and his agent, they don't half like a signing on fee. Six clubs in three years?

• Barnsley
  • Norwich
  • Bolton
  • Palace
  • Boro
  • Huddersfield

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I understand what you're saying but it's not always detriment to the player. We signed him for different reasons, but we're Baird's fifth club in  that same time scale. He didn't thrill me as a signing but now look at him! A solid RB and captain for us who apparently doesn't overlap enough... :ph34r:

Hendrick has been poor so far this season, I've not been impressed with him at all. He's capable of so much more but at the minute he's looking disinterested, isn't closing players down and loses concentration. With our current injuries he's basically an automatic choice and could do with some competition to force him to up his game. 

So been reading the Huddersfield forum, all say he is their best player and it would be suicide. Butterfields dad is a Barnsley fan and posts on their footy mad forum under the name 'whitey'. Last night when ribbed for going to watch huddersfield he replied "not for long". Read it all here:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/97622/derby-after-butterfield

Sounds like Hudds need the cash as well.

Archived