Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

16th August 2015

3pm Kick Off

Ipro Stadium

Welcome to the Addicks.... Will they return to the capital empty handed?

Will there be changes?

Will we delight the home crowd?

Will we blame Keogh?

Will B4 predict the attendance?

Flanges at the ready.... Stallions are waiting....

Regards the Mafia

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't really play last night's formation again as we don't have two defensive midfielders. If Clement wants to persist with a diamond he's got Thorne, Hendrick, Dawkins, Ince with Russell and Martin up top. Wiemann and Bent I'm afraid did nothing to suggest they deserve a start. Baird back at RB. Keogh and Shacks CB. Carson in goal. Only question is Warnock or Fozz at LB. Prefer Fozz but didn't do himself many favours last night. 

Speed up. Speed up. Speed up!!

Speed up, you get pressed less, you get pressed less, you have to hoof less. 

In training they play those mini games with 2 or 3 piggies in the middle. Quick, tight one and two touch passing. 

Get on the pitch and you get 10 yards of space and HOOF! 

Wtf?  What is the point in that exercise if you're going to go and play slow sleepy football and hoof under slight pressure? 

And jesus christ, stop heading a bouncing ball. Bring it down ffs. 

Don't care about a rocky start if there's some development. So far we've not even done much of the basics. 

wakey wakey.

Cannot decide on the fomation we are gonna play on Saturday. 

Players had a chance last night to stake their claim and not many of them did. 

Hendrick wouldnt be in my side at all. But we have nobody else. If we get 2 midfielders in and when Bryson is back. Hes out. 

Forsyth got forward well last night. But his passing and crossing needs to improve massively.

But for Saturday id go 433. 

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Thorne, Dawkins, Hendrick, Ince, Weimann, Martin.

We really lacked width last night. So would like to see us try 433. 

I know back end of last season it didnt work as we conceded too many goals. But our back 4 was changing every week. We had Forsyth centre half, Keogh at right back. No Thorne or Eustace so no protection at all. 

We are much more suited to it now. 

Derby 3-1 Charlton.

This is as close to a must win as it's going to get at this early stage.

Nothing to do with the 3 points either.

It's about confidence... both amongst the players, Clement himself and the fans. The atmosphere will be rocking, and if we get served up the same we have had since January, the air will soon drain out and it could go south pretty quickly this season.

Can't really play last night's formation again as we don't have two defensive midfielders. If Clement wants to persist with a diamond he's got Thorne, Hendrick, Dawkins, Ince with Russell and Martin up top. Wiemann and Bent I'm afraid did nothing to suggest they deserve a start. Baird back at RB. Keogh and Shacks CB. Carson in goal. Only question is Warnock or Fozz at LB. Prefer Fozz but didn't do himself many favours last night. 

I think with Thorne replacing either of Baird or Hendrick then the two DM formation would work better, even Hanson would be an improvement on either of those two in that position. Neither Hendrick nor Baird were looking to play that killer pass from deep yesterday and this resulted in the ball going backwards before being hoofed forwards. Not good.

I expect, if we stick with the same formation, that Baird will go back to RB and Thorne will play alongside Hendrick.

I'd like to see Ince on the right of the three cutting inside and either Russell or Weimann on the left side. Dawkins behind Martin or Martin behind Bent. Carson and Keogh back in the XI too.

Left back is the only position I'm unsure on, so might well be.

I'd actually make it:

Carson

Baird    Keogh  Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Hendick   Dawkins

Ince                                  Russell

Martin

But I actually think he might just go with:

Carson

Christie   Keogh  Shackell  Warnock

Baird     Thorne

Russell            Ince            Weimann

Martin

Our once much vaunted midfield is no more,at the moment.We need to replace

Hughes urgently,maybe the manager has contacts in Spain,and get us a gifted

ball-player.Also a mobile end-to-end m idfield dynamo would be useful.Hendrick

seems to be out of form and short on confidence atm.With the obvious problems

in midfield 4-3-3 is out of the question,we will be overrun,swamped in fact.Until

we improve it has to be 4-4-2,Against the top teams even 4-5-1.Things will improve

with additions,but in the meantime we have to keep it tight and keep in touch with

the top 6.

Archived